Topics

problem closing L32

alan

After a recent windows crash and reinstallation of windows 10

I seem to have Logger32 working ok

computer is an I3  windows 10 pro

I use the utility program to load FLdigi and Log Sync and everything appears o be working ok.

My problem is when I try to exit the program it fails to do so whether i use the exit command

or click on the X to shut it down and I finish up force closing it. It doesnt appear to do any harm

as it boots up fine next ime.

Is there something I have missed setting it up again or where would I look to find

what is causing it.

It is not a major problem as everything seems to be working ok otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help

Alan  ZL3KR

Bob <k4cy@...>

Still five weeks unil April 1st. We're starting early this year. SeventyThree(s).

On February 19, 2020 at 9:15 PM alan < zl3kr.alan@...> wrote:

After a recent windows crash and reinstallation of windows 10

I seem to have Logger32 working ok

computer is an I3  windows 10 pro

I use the utility program to load FLdigi and Log Sync and everything
appears o be working ok.

My problem is when I try to exit the program it fails to do so whether i
use the exit command

or click on the X to shut it down and I finish up force closing it. It
doesnt appear to do any harm

as it boots up fine next ime.

Is there something I have missed setting it up again or where would I
look to find

what is causing it.

It is not a major problem as everything seems to be working ok otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help

Alan  ZL3KR

Bob <k4cy@...>

... my apologies, the devil made me do it. I will unsubscribe from the reflector. seventyThree(s)

On February 19, 2020 at 9:26 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

It would seem there is a problem asking a simple question to a minor

problem, maybe the only solution is to delete logger 32 which I have used

for many years and still do. It previously closed without hassle and now fpr some

reason it no longer does, sorry to ask such a difficult question.

Alan ZL3KR

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

Paul F6EXV

Helloo all
I have the same issue...
Paul F6EXV

<mailto:zl3kr.alan@...>> wrote:

After a recent windows crash and reinstallation of windows 10

I seem to have Logger32 working ok

computer is an I3  windows 10 pro

I use the utility program to load FLdigi and Log Sync and everything
appears o be working ok.

My problem is when I try to exit the program it fails to do so
whether i
use the exit command

or click on the X to shut it down and I finish up force closing it. It
doesnt appear to do any harm

as it boots up fine next ime.

Is there something I have missed setting it up again or where would I
look to find

what is causing it.

It is not a major problem as everything seems to be working ok
otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help

Alan  ZL3KR

ja1nlx

Alan

If you are running other programs like LogSync etc then close those program first,

then close Logger32. What you see ?

73

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

Thanks Aki

I will try that when I close down for the evening in a few minutes, incidentally FLdigi does not close down

at the same time, I generally have to close that seperately also, it previously closed  with logger 32

except it asked for confirmation Yes/no to close it.

I will tell you the result tomorrow mng here when I switch back on.

Alan ZL3KR

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

Hi Aki,

before I qrt for the night

I closed log sync , then FLdigi which closed cleanly after confirming closure(yes/no)

and then Logger 32 closed cleanly, so maybe Logsync is causing the closure problem??

Alan ZL3KR (QRT)

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

When you close Logger32, close LogSync first manually then close Logger32.

Keep watching for a several days in this way.

73

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

Rick Ellison

I have another issue I am looking at with Logsync. I will look at this to..

73 Rick N2AMG

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:

[...]

just been trying different things to determine actually whqt is happening.

I stopped the L32 utility from booting Logsync....no change, L32 has to be forced close.

I then stopped L32 utility from booting Fldigi..... L32 closes cleanly.

If I Boot L32 and then seperately Boot Fldigi...L32 closes cleanly

Could I have something set incorrectly in the L32/Fldigi Gateway program??

It is almost sure to be something I have either not done or done wrong!!

Alan ZL3KR

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

Hi Alan..

There is probably something with the gateway. The gateway is using older controls and some of the connecting routines to Fldigi have been changed. My biggest problem why I have not gone in to fix these things is I have lost the original sourcecode for the program. I have started re-writing the program in vb.net but have not completed things yet. I have to many irons in the fire right now to sit and fully concentrate on one program at the moment.

73 Rick N2AMG

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:

[...]

Rick

many thanks for your reply and all understood, I will get around it in the mean time by closing Fldigi first and then L32

I think that will work ok otherwise just force close L32 as I have been doing.

My appreciation for the programs yous have given us, I  have used the Gateway for years and also fcc Lookup

which always worked FB

Thanks again

Alan ZL3KR

On 20/02/2020 3:26 pm, Bob wrote:

[...]

n5kd

Alan, If you are using the auto upload to LoTW feature on LogSynch, try turning that off. It has caused me issues.

73’ Pete, N5KD.