Prior QSO details not transferring

ei3fw

Hi Folks,

I updated to the latest version yesterday and since then have a rather strange problem.

When manually adding a QSO the name and QTH fields from prior QSO's populate the relevant fields but the Gridsquare field does not, when adding a QSO in real time nothing carries forward from prior QSO's and all info has to be reentered.

I haven't changed any settings, just updated and carried on as normal. Never saw this with previous updates.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Any ideas?

Thanks and 73

Craig EI3FW

ja1nlx

Craig

Grid field is selected in "Add QSO manually" window ?
Correspond field are checked in QSO Mask window ?

I updated to the latest version yesterday and since then have a rather strange problem.

When manually adding a QSO the name and QTH fields from prior QSO's populate the relevant fields but the Gridsquare field does not, when adding a QSO in real time nothing carries forward from prior QSO's and all info has to be reentered.

I haven't changed any settings, just updated and carried on as normal. Never saw this with previous updates.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Any ideas?

Thanks and 73

Craig EI3FW

ei3fw

Hi Aki,

Yep, grid field selected in manual adding but remains blank. Have checked QSO mask but no changes made so it should be as before.

I'm talking about information carried forward from previous qso's with the same station. It's that info that I'm talking about.

73
Craig

ei3fw

Hi Aki,

Yes you were correct.
I checked the QSO mask and there was rubbish (or at least stuff I've no interest in) set up to copy from prior QSO's.
Just set it back up the way I want it and bingo ..... all is working again.
Many thanks.
73
Craig
EI3FW

Gary Hinson

I have seen a few reports along similar lines lately.  I too found that operators’ names were not being carried forward from prior QSOs.  Something, somewhere, appears to have messed up some of the QSO mask settings for some of us.  Somehow.

In short, if information from prior QSOs isn’t being carried forward as you expect, check/update and save your QSO mask.  Even if you don’t notice any issues, this is an opportunity to check your QSO mask anyway, then click the <Apply> button.

Instructions are in the freshly-updated “Solstice Special” User Manual in section 6.2.15.