Andy SP9KR

Od: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> w imieniu użytkownika Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...>
Wysłane: sobota, 30 listopada 2019 00:29
Do: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io>
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] CW machine

Hi Bob,

I still standby what I say in that there is nothing in the manual to suggest that CW may be sent down the USB port and I have never managed to make it work. I use an external interface should I wish to use electronic keying of CW

RTTY is supported as shown on P66 of the manual.  There is no such entry for CW.

The one thing that enables us to sleep soundly in our beds is that we don't have guns available to buy from our local supermarkets.  Oh, and our politicians may be the least respected members of our society but at least we haven't got Mr. Trump.  For that we are eternally grateful.

Vince

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 23:07, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Vince, before you drift off into the arms of Morpheus (then wake up screaming from your nightmare of being on London Bridge at the wrong time) ... remember this message from the originator of the thread ...

Yes, there are two USB ports. One is enhanced for CAT and second USB is for other thinks, I have tried many combinations using one or the other and still no CW trough USB cable.
I been trying to avoid hurting somebody saying that other well known contest software provide capability of configuring CW trough USB cable and it works.
I was told by someone that "driver for Logger32 CW machine need to be updated".

SeventyThree(s).
On November 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

At last - the voice of sanity.

Thanks Darren.  I said in the early days of this thread that the menu item relates to the keying of the radio and not sending CW which was something I worked out when I briefly owned an FTdx3000 which was very similar.in this respect.

I gave up because no-one was listening.

There is nothing in the manual to say that CW may be sent down the radio's USB port.  If some operators have got it work then you are better than me and I'd love to know how you have done it using CW machine in Logger32.

I failed to get it to work with the FTdx3000 which had essentially the same menu item at the FTdx101.   If I remember correctly the FTdx5000 had PC keying in the menu but it had not been activated and was waiting for a software update.

I'll go and have lie down now...

Regards

Vince G0ORC

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 14:10, Darren Collins (G0TSM) < daz@...> wrote:

I don't own an FTDX101 (I have the FTDX5K) but looking at the user manual it suggests that PC KEYING relates to the PTT and not to the CW Keying. If you look at the settings for the other modes it has the same options but for the other modes says its for RPTT SELECT. So it appears to be badly worded.

[RTTY] RPTT SELECT - DAKY (Pin 3 on data jack - (which is PTT) / DTR / RTS (Page 90))

[CW] PC KEYING -  DAKY (Pin 3 on data jack - (which is PTT) / DTR / RTS (Page 94))

I would imagine that Yaesu would be able to implement CW Keying via a software update, so its just down to the FTDX101 owners to request the feature. I recall that someone at Yaesu USA ran a 'wish list' for the FTDX5000 when it came out, so they are probably doing the same for the 101.

73 Darren G0TSM

On 28/11/19 21:10, Andy None via Groups.Io wrote:
Vince
Same here. radio keys and unkeys but no CW is send.
I give up also and went by using WinKeyer USB.
Been trying to use enhanced or regular USB port (they have different COM number) without success.

Andy SP9KR

On Thursday, November 28, 2019, 5:25:01 p.m. GMT+1, Vince Shirley <vince.g0orc@...> wrote:

I give up with this - there is nothing in the manual save for an entry in the CW MENU section which describes how to key the radio via its own USP port.

The radio keys and unkeys OK - but no CW is sent

My last word on the subject.

Vince G0ORC

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 16:04, Vince Shirley via Groups.Io <vince.g0orc= gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes Mike, quite so.

But it doesn't work!

Did you not read the rest of the message?

Vince

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 15:29, Mike < ch25@...> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 03:59 PM, Vince Shirley wrote:
Thank you - I'm quite prepared to eat a large portion of humble pie and admit that I was wrong, but I just can't get it this to work.
As written in the manual.
Mike

Bob

What is an enhanced virtual port, and how/why is it necessary for your PC to CAT connection? 73.

On November 30, 2019 at 3:20 AM Andy VA3PL <va3pl@...> wrote:

Vince
Go to page 94 and read it and understand.

As a test just loaded N1MM set it up using ENHANCED virtual port for CAT and configured REGULAR virtual port for CW and it work nicely.

Also on 101D go to CW SETTING and change there to PC KEYING using DTR.

CW work nicely in N1MM but not using Logger32 CW MACHINE.

Andy SP9KR