Topics

ODP: [hamlogger] CW machine

Andy VA3PL

It is American made. Sam as you have, Made by K1EL.
I do not need to school you. Your CW machine work fine with WinKeyer USB.
On mine it is connected to the PC and PTT/Keyng is done through dedicated cable.
I set it this way to get CW working because your CW machine is not capable of providing keying through USB cable on FTDX101D.
SevewntyThree.
User of Logger since Zakanaka
Andy SP9KR

Od: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> w imieniu użytkownika Bob <k4cy@...>
Wysłane: środa, 27 listopada 2019 17:11
Do: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io>
Temat: Re: [hamlogger] CW machine

Winkeyer USB? I have one of those, it must be different from the Polish model. On mine the USB port connects to the PC and PTT/Keying is by dedicated cable to the radio. School me please. SeventyThree(s).

On November 27, 2019 at 8:05 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

Hi Villi
I become happy owner od FTDX101D.
Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA. Not able to do it so I install my WinJeyer USB instead.

73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:03:59 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy VA3PL
Sent: miðvikudagur, 27. nóvember 2019 09:30
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] CW machine

Hi there Bob K4CY

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Bob

I don't know if the FTDX101 supports CW on it's USB port, but as the radio has dedicated PTT and keying connections, then there is no reason why the CW Machine can not key the radio using direct cables (if you have the correct configuration and a suitable RS-232 to TTL level converter). SeventyThree(s).

On November 27, 2019 at 11:21 AM Andy VA3PL <va3pl@...> wrote:

On mine it is connected to the PC and PTT/Keyng is done through dedicated cable.
I set it this way to get CW working because your CW machine is not capable of providing keying through USB cable on FTDX101D.
SevewntyThree.
Andy SP9KR

Od: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> w imieniu użytkownika Bob <k4cy@...>

Winkeyer USB? I have one of those, it must be different from the Polish model. On mine the USB port connects to the PC and PTT/Keying is by dedicated cable to the radio. School me please. SeventyThree(s).

Hi Villi
Been trying to configure CW machine (Logger32) for last 4 days and NADA. Not able to do it so I install my WinJeyer USB instead.

73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 12:03:59 p.m. GMT+1, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

Andy,

Which radio are you thinking about. I do this all the time with the existing CW engine.

73 Villi
TF3VS

Hi there Bob K4CY

Do you have plan in near (very near..hi hi) future to update CW machine so it will do CW trough USB in such radios that provide such capability?

73 de Andy

Vince Shirley

I do not know of a radio which supports CW keying directly via USB port.

The FT-3000 and FTdx101D/MP support FSK keying on the USB port which works well, but not CW.

Vince G0ORC

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 at 18:27, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
I don't know if the FTDX101 supports CW on it's USB port, but as the radio has dedicated PTT and keying connections, then there is no reason why the CW Machine can not key the radio using direct cables (if you have the correct configuration and a suitable RS-232 to TTL level converter). SeventyThree(s).

SevewntyThree.
Andy SP9KR

On November 27, 2019 at 8:05 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Villi

73 Andy SP9KR

Andy,

73 Villi
TF3VS

Hi there Bob K4CY

73 de Andy

Andy None

Bob
FTDX101D supports CW through on it's USB cable.
Andy SP9KR (ex VA3PL)

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:27:52 p.m. GMT+1, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

SevewntyThree.
Andy SP9KR

Hi Villi

73 Andy SP9KR

Andy,

73 Villi
TF3VS

Hi there Bob K4CY

73 de Andy