Topics

New version 3.50.399 and FT4/FT8 - how obtain QSL_Via and windows Worked/Confirmed

Jerzy Smietanski SP9AUV

Hello Bob !

You are do a new version 3.50.399
Support added to allow DX Spots from FT4/FT8 Event viewer windows

Can you more describing this update .
I' m look for a version to obtain personal data from a QRZ.COM via my external lookup , especially
for a QSL_Via data , also when working on FT4/FT8 . Then I can determine , if I need send QSL and if I need send it via DIRECT .
Also is very usefull will be then window Worked/Confirmed with filling proper data .
Based on this data I can determine if  I need do this QSO , because it is a new country for me .

                                               Best regards de Jerzy SP9AUV

Wolny od wirusów. www.avast.com

Bob

Many questions in one message ... In this picture the cherry-picker has just made a QSO with K8MU and it is logged automatically. If I want to make a DX Spot, than I click on the Cherry-picking event viewer SPOT menu. Nothing else to do.

Now in this picture I need additional information about K8MU to decide if I want to QSL and how. In my example I use HamQTH, but it is the same if you use QRZ.com. All I do is left click the mouse on K8MU on the Logbook Page window and I see this:

With this additional information, I can decide what I want to do. SeventyThree(s).

On November 4, 2019 at 3:47 PM Jerzy Smietanski SP9AUV <sp9auv@...> wrote:

Hello Bob !

You are do a new version 3.50.399
Support added to allow DX Spots from FT4/FT8 Event viewer windows

Can you more describing this update .
I' m look for a version to obtain personal data from a QRZ.COM via my external lookup , especially
for a QSL_Via data , also when working on FT4/FT8 . Then I can determine , if I need send QSL and if I need send it via DIRECT .
Also is very usefull will be then window Worked/Confirmed with filling proper data .
Based on this data I can determine if  I need do this QSO , because it is a new country for me .

                                               Best regards de Jerzy SP9AUV

Wolny od wirusów. www.avast.com

Jerzy Smietanski SP9AUV

Hello Bob !
Thank you for a help and detailed description of cooperation with Logger32 on FT4 / FT8 emissions

                          73 de Jerzy SP9AUV
                        http://sp9auv.com/EN

W dniu 2019-11-04 o 22:07, Bob pisze:
[...]

Sorry for trouble .
In my lookup named BUREAU_ALL_QRZ_COM_FI.exe I received i.e. field  <APP_QSO_UPDATE :6>SP9CXN>  <EOR>
and download personal data from QRZ or others servers .

But can you answer me to what handler address sendmessage
as in the  sendmessage(Logger32TextBoxhWnd,WM_SetText,0,longint(ADIF_SendString))  for window OPERATOR .
when press UpdateQSO in your HAMQTH ADIF Lookup .
I suppose this is a different handler than the one used for the OPERATOR window . Describe me what method must use to obtain
proper handler .
I ' m try get handler for windows    "Loggbok Page "   by use Logger32LoggbokPageHWnd:= FindWindow('', 'Logbook Page');
but this handler is equal = 0 .
Or you use another method to send to line actually choiced AdifString  by left mouse and display in a a yellow color .

W dniu 2019-11-05 o 16:44, SP9AUV pisze:

[...]

Jerzey, there are two steps. Using the Microsoft Inet control I make a request to HAMQth for the data ... like this

Text11 = callsign to lookup
LookupURL = "http://hamqth.com/adif.php?u=K4CY&p=Password&callsign=CALLSIGN&prg=LOGGER32"

Inet.Execute Replace(LookupURL, "=CALLSIGN", "=" & Text11, 1, -1, 1), "GET"

Then I wait for a reply

Private Sub Inet_StateChanged(ByVal State As Integer)
    Select Case State
        ' ... Other cases not shown.
        Case icResponseCompleted     ' 12
            strdata = Inet.GetChunk(2048, icString)
            If Len(strdata) > 0 Then
                allDoneInetLookup strdata
            End If
        Case Else
    End Select
End Sub

Strdata is ADIF format text, and the allDoneInetLookup process puts the different fields in the correct place.

Then next of code makes the Update QSO menu visible.... If the Inet execute was initiated by clicking on the Logbook Page, and the lookup was successful, then the menu is visible and clicking on it updates the logbook from data received from HAMQth. If the Inet.executed is initiated from the Logbook Entry Window then the Update QSO menu is not visible.

So, nothing is custom coded for HAMQth. I can make a query from any service and if the reply is ADI format, everything will be populated automatically.

73.

On November 7, 2019 at 2:39 PM Jerzy Smietanski SP9AUV <sp9auv@...> wrote:

[...]

gerdslogger

Am 04.11.2019 um 22:07 schrieb Bob:
[...]

Hello Bob,

I have two  questions for this news ... first to update for logged qso ...

I go to the call where I have no data .. click on it, it changes to yellow color, in lookup hamqth the little windows of "update QSO" changed from red to green ... I click on update, it goes to red, but nothing is happen in the logbook page .. its still emty, no name, qth etc ... have I missed something to apply???

next to spot ... make a qso, if its ready, in the event viewer comes up the "spot", if I click on it,

DL1BBO de VE7CC-1 08-Nov-2019 1213Z   CCC >
DX 14074 VA3CTX FT8 -10dB from EN93 2254Hz ... see this in the telnet window .. but nothing comes up

in the DX Spot window ( the normal dx spot, right click in the Log Entry Window works ok)

Thanks for ur help, 73 de gerd, dl1bbo

Bob

Gerd. Open the HAMqth window. Click the TRANSFER menu. FIELDS TO TRANSFER ON CLICK. Check the fields you want to copy from HAMqth to your logbook. Again, click the TRANSFER menu. Check the menu option TRANSFER FIELDS ON AUTOLOOKUP. Now does the UPDATE QSO option work?

About the DX Spot, I can not answer your question. I do not use DX Clusters so I don't know if it works or not. Several Beta testers have used the feature with no complaints.

73.

Am 08.11.2019 um 18:49 schrieb Bob:
[...]

Thank you Bob, now the updates works .. 73 de gerd, dl1bbo