New version...

Wayne <wb4gil@...>

Just started reading this reflector to see what all the noise is about in regard to PSK31 and Ham Logger. So, I downloaded the file and it's update, installed it, actually read the docs tooo. Interesting program for sure.

Is anyone using the logger programs PSK31 module? If so, why even use Kananaka? That seems to be a common thought in the Kananaka reflector that both are needed, or, am I missing something (again) :)...

Best 73's..
WB4GIL/Wilmington,NC

Charles McGarvey <cflights@...>

No Wayne, I don't think you are missing too much here. I run logger and
Zakanaka together. A neat package that works nicely together. The other
option is to use psk that comes with logger or programme the shell to load
Zakanaka or other bits of software.

Why use Zakanaka vs the psk module in Logger? For me, the Zakanaka
programme is under developement and becomes refined and a better piece of
software every day. The reflectors are a good place to come up to speed on
ideas and what's new. I am not aware of other reflectors that are as
imformative as this one and the Zakanaka reflector.

I am not sure that answers your question, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.
73, Chas n2hig

Just started reading this reflector to see what all the noise is about in
regard to PSK31 and Ham Logger. So, I downloaded the file and it's update,
installed it, actually read the docs tooo. Interesting program for sure.

Is anyone using the logger programs PSK31 module? If so, why even use
Kananaka? That seems to be a common thought in the Kananaka reflector that
both are needed, or, am I missing something (again) :)...

Best 73's..
WB4GIL/Wilmington,NC

Visit these sites for logger and other downloads:
http://www.itis.net/golist/ and...
http://www.chroniclenetworks.com/~dwm/Logger.htm

Vince <wa2rsx@...>

Wayne wrote:

Is anyone using the logger programs PSK31 module? If so, why even use Kananaka? That seems to be a common thought in the Kananaka reflector that both are needed, or, am I missing something (again) :)...
Wayne:

I use the PSK31 module within LOGGER by K4CY. Been doing that ever since LOGGER 6.07 I think it was back around July of last year.. And, I am able to add: I have enjoyed and do appreciate the LOGGER software very much.

Missing something? I think not; perhaps you are reading between the lines and have added something on your own (e.g., both are excellent works by K4CY and are very popular). Hi Hi.
I dont think that it is a common thought; LOGGER, with its PSK31 module, does not require Zak to operate the PSK31 mode and Zak Beta stands alone and operates w/o LOGGER.

I heed the warning by the author of Zakanaka that Zak is for serious BETA testing only. Since I am inexperienced at BETA testing of software and I rather play, I am managing to Have Fun w/o using Zakanaka Beta software on the
air.

73s,
~Vince~