New User and Initial Installation

ai3h@...

Good afternoon everyone,

I am a new user and I downloaded today the full Version 3.5 as the new Version 4 full download does not seem to be available yet.  Then, I performed the upgrade to Version 4.  I have having some issues, so if anyone could give me their thoughts, that would be much appreciated.

When I launch the program, I get the following message:

Error: Bad file name or number

Failed to open /read the ADIF Countries Within PrimarySubdivisions.txt file.

If I click ok, the program then opens, but obviously something that is needed has not been loaded.

Then, I have my ADIF file that was exported from my previous program (ProLog 2K) and I have converted it to a .adi file.

When I try an import the .adi file, the Logger32 generates a BAD.ADI file that contains my contacts and I get the following message:

1266 QSO's read.  1179 records could not be imported.  Please see the error file BAD.ADI where they have been saved with comment about why they were not imported.

When I open up the BAD.ADI file, I can't see any thing that directs me to the reason for the errors.

So, then when I try and view Logbook page to see the contacts that were successfully imported, I get the message Run-time error "5":  Invalid procedure call or argument.  When I click ok, I get another message that says Can't find SOTA_REF in your ADIF.TXT file.  The when I click ok again, the program crashes and closes.

Any help would be appreciated,

Best,

Mike, AI3H

Basically, there are a number of issues.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Bob

You screwed up. Erase the \Logger32 directory. Do a full install of v3.50. Do an auto-update to v3.50.424. Get that up and running satisfactorily. Then run the 3.50 to 4.0 upgrade. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/20/2021 3:58 PM ai3h@... wrote:

[...]

Bob, thanks for the quick response.  I am as far as 3.50.424 being loaded, but when I open the program, I get the error: File error: VIS_DISK_ERROR.  Error opening a statistics file.  Recalculate your statistics.

Bob

... and what happens when you recalculate the stats? 73.

On 02/20/2021 4:42 PM ai3h@... wrote:

Bob, thanks for the quick response.  I am as far as 3.50.424 being loaded, but when I open the program, I get the error: File error: VIS_DISK_ERROR.  Error opening a statistics file.  Recalculate your statistics.

Bob

Newbie, I forgot. Click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE. The recalc option id there. 73.

On 02/20/2021 4:47 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

... and what happens when you recalculate the stats? 73.
On 02/20/2021 4:42 PM ai3h@... wrote:

Bob, thanks for the quick response.  I am as far as 3.50.424 being loaded, but when I open the program, I get the error: File error: VIS_DISK_ERROR.  Error opening a statistics file.  Recalculate your statistics.

ai3h@...

Ok, almost there.  I am down to 11 BAD records.  That said, there is no indication of what is "bad" with the records.  Looking at the file, everything looks good.  Thoughts?

Mike

Bob

You will find a file called BAD.ADI in the logger32 directory. Open it with Notepad each records tells you what's broken. Make whatever changes you need to, rename it FIXED.ADI and import it. 73.

On 02/20/2021 5:00 PM ai3h@... wrote:

Ok, almost there.  I am down to 11 BAD records.  That said, there is no indication of what is "bad" with the records.  Looking at the file, everything looks good.  Thoughts?

Mike

ai3h@...

Thanks Bob.  Everything works now.  I think I only have one more question.  I have a 4500 x 3000 resolution display and when I run the program the graphics and fonts within Logger32 are microscopic.  How can I make everything (buttons and fonts) larger?

Mike, AI3H

Bob

Spectacles? For the grids (Logbook page, previous QSOs, etc.) row height and font style are user configurable. Same applies to the logbook entry window and the Telnet/Local host window. Typically buttons (like start/stop/hop/skip and jump) are fixed size and font. 73.