New error in 4.0.259

Steve G1XOW

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

Bob

Is this a reproduceable error? I can't get it to fail here. 73.

On 05/14/2021 1:50 PM Steve G1XOW <steve@...> wrote:

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

Jan

I don't see this

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 14-5-2021 om 20:13 schreef Bob:
Is this a reproduceable error? I can't get it to fail here. 73.
On 05/14/2021 1:50 PM Steve G1XOW <steve@...> wrote:

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Andy M0NKR

Not seen here either!

Running latest update as always.

73
Andy
M0NKR

On 14 May 2021, at 19:18, Jan <hamlogger@...> wrote:

 I don't see this

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 14-5-2021 om 20:13 schreef Bob:
Is this a reproduceable error? I can't get it to fail here. 73.
On 05/14/2021 1:50 PM Steve G1XOW <steve@...> wrote:

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

<image001.png>

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Fabio IZ8MBW

Jan, do you have ENABLED Enable error trapping in the menu View?

73.
Fabio, IZ8MBW

Il ven, 14 mag, 2021 alle 20:18, Jan
<hamlogger@...> ha scritto:
I don't see this

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 14-5-2021 om 20:13 schreef Bob:
Is this a reproduceable error? I can't get it to fail here. 73.
On 05/14/2021 1:50 PM Steve G1XOW <steve@...> wrote:

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

David Bonnet

Le ven. 14 mai 2021 à 19:51, Steve G1XOW <steve@...> a écrit :

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

Steve G1XOW

Hi Bob, it happened each time I started L32 after taking .259.

So, I uninstalled L32, reverted to the latest full build of v4, then reloaded the patches again and all is fine now.

73 de Steve G1XOW

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hi Bob.
I have the same error messages (and also others) if "Enable error trapping" is enabled.

Today I:
Start PC
Start Logger32 4.0.259
Start JTDX (version 2.2.156 64-bit)

I manually selected a decoded callsign from the UDP BandMap to call.

so Logger32 sent command to JTDX to call that callsing and I received these various messages one after one:

Inline image

Inline image

Inline image

Inline image

other errors during the same condition:

Inline image

Inline image
Inline image

Inline image

(and I don't have any rotor configured).

If I disable "Enable error trapping" Logger32 seems to work well.

Thank you.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 08:13:40 PM GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Is this a reproduceable error? I can't get it to fail here. 73.
On 05/14/2021 1:50 PM Steve G1XOW <steve@...> wrote:

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

Fabio IZ8MBW

OK, I understood the reason.
It seems that my USB-to-Serial adapter for CAT get some RF during transmission so when the Radio transmit and Logger32 poll the radio get some "not valid" frequencies and propose me the error message.

Thanks.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Saturday, May 15, 2021, 07:39:54 AM GMT+2, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

Aha!

Well done on diagnosing the errors yourself, Fabio, and for reporting the issue in such detail.   I know it takes a lot of extra work but your detailed description and the screenshots make it much easier for us to figure out what’s going on, which means we (the beta test team including Bob) can try to reproduce the error.

Ciao!  Kia ora!

Gary  ZL2iFB

[...]

Yes

<hamlogger@...> ha scritto:
I don't see this

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 14-5-2021 om 20:13 schreef Bob:
Is this a reproduceable error? I can't get it to fail here. 73.
On 05/14/2021 1:50 PM Steve G1XOW <steve@...> wrote:

Hi, just downloaded 4.0.259 patch and within a few mins wasy these errors for the first time.

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Fabio IZ8MBW

Ciao Gary,
I proposed to Bob to add an option into UDP BandMap to "Disable Radio polling during transmission" so when Logger32 sent via UDP to JTDX or to WSJT-X the "command" to transmit it will not poll anymore the Radio and when the transmission cycle finish Logger32 will go to poll the Radio again.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Saturday, May 15, 2021, 08:00:02 AM GMT+2, Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

[...]

ja1nlx

Fabio

If you really want then it should be added in jtdx/wsjtx itself.

On 2021/05/15 15:15:16, Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

and no Aki, I cannot.....
I use two (real and not virtual) serial ports.

consider in my case I use two (real and not virtual) serial ports connected to the radio, one is used by Logger32 and the other one is used by JTDX or WSJT-X.
So in my case when Logger32 send via UDP to JTDX or WSJT-X to transmit, JTDX or WSJT-X use another serial port to tell to the radio to transmit and so Logger32 can still poll the radio also if the radio is currently in transmission because as told it uses the other (real and not virtual) serial port.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Saturday, May 15, 2021, 08:50:11 AM GMT+2, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

[...]

Your Icom errors are because the data received from your radio is incomplete - Possibly because you have configured the polling too fast.

As yet I do not understand the rotor messages yet, but every time a change of radio frequency is detected, Logger32 checks to see if it needs to select a different rotator.

73.