Topics

Network error: Invalid message format

Heribert Lennertz

Hi Bob and team,
I thought it was a bit quiet here on this channel so I can throw something new at you. Occasionally I receive the error "Network error: Invalid message format" (see screenshot below) that stops all operations in the PC until I click "Retry".

My setup:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
WSJT-X 2.1.0 (so I can play FT4)

What happens?
I am operating in FT4-mode using WSJT-X 2.1.0 and Logger32 version ...391. This setup works great except...

Only when I use the UDP bandmap and the cherry-picking feature and only after I sent a "73" at the end of a QSO and only at random intervals (not every QSO) I receive the error message as shown below. I can call CQ myself and run dozends of QSOs all day long and send lots of 73s and nothing happens. Only if I use cherry-picking does this occur. The unpleasant part is that without clicking on Retry the PC is on hold.

Over to you

73 de Harry, M0IHT

Bob

Harry, the message is from WSJT-X and apparently is does not like receiving some UDP reply message from Logger32. I do not see the message here. 73.

On August 13, 2019 at 2:08 PM Heribert Lennertz <m0iht@...> wrote:

[...]

Harry, is RPTR in blue letters? If so, right click on it and open the RPTR setup window. UNcheck repeater A and click APPLY. 73.

[...]

Bob,
how can I capture this message and show it to you?

Harry

On 13/08/2019 19:58, Bob wrote:

[...]

the repeater is off, red letters.
By the way, this is my Logger32 profile for WSJT-X with NOTHING at all on except the UDP port.

Harry

On 13/08/2019 20:24, Bob wrote:

[...]

Harry, do you have a new Beta test version of Logger32, or are you using the full release 3.50.391? I can send you a test version. 73.

On 13/08/2019 20:24, Bob wrote:

[...]

I was using the full version 3.50.391 but downloaded your beta test version and am about to install it. Once installed I will test my FT4 experience with it and let you know.

Harry

On 13/08/2019 20:24, Bob wrote:

[...]

after I was coerced into statistics recalc, the beta version is running strong. I will give it a good workout and let you know in a few hours what it's doing for me.

73 Harry

On 13/08/2019 20:24, Bob wrote:

[...]

the Logger 391-beta version has been running here for several hours in CQ and cherry-picking modes and logged dozends of FT4 and FT8 QSOs. Not once has the "invalid message format" error appeared. I think you nailed it again Bob.

Thanks and vy 73 de Harry, M0IHT