Topics

need help creating ADIF file

w1pr@...

I know I must be missing something simple, but I can’t figure it out. I want to generate an ADIF file that I will use to respond to paper QSLs received from the dx bureau. I know to enter the call in the Logbook Entry window which brings up past QSOs, then right click on the past QSO I want to QSL, which brings up a dialog box for QSL sent, recceived, flagged, etc. I check QSL RECEIVED and QSL FLAGGED, then click on “Update QSL status to match settings above.” Following that I go to File,> Export File,> Export QSL file, and then I can find the ADIF file which was generated which I will use to upload to a QSL printing service. The problem is that the ADIF file seems not to show that I have received a QSL. I want to print QSL TNX, not PSE QSL. Am I missing a step? The help file has not been of any help - hi. Instructions will be very appreciated.

Vy 73 de Paul W1PR

ja1nlx

Paul

There is field <QSL_RCVD:1>Y in QSL.adi.

I do not know how "QSL printing service" read your QSL.adi though....

73

On 2020/07/26 12:08, w1pr@... wrote:

[...]

Isn't the QSL_RCVD field flagged Y? 73.

On 07/25/2020 11:08 PM w1pr@... wrote:

[...]

n5kd

Paul,

I think Logger32 is working correctly, but maybe your QSL printer in not. I’m using L32 and GlobalQSL.

So, if I choose the last QSO in my log, pretend I had his QSL card, then do an export, then I get the following ADI file.

C:\LOGGER32\N5KD\QSL.ADI ADIF export file created by Logger32 Version 4.0 Build 89. File created on 7/26/2020 3:50:27 PM
<EOH>

<DISTANCE:7>8999.09 <BAND:3>20M <CALL:5>I2WIJ <CONT:2>EU <CQZ:2>15 <DXCC:3>248 <FREQ:9>14.037820 <ITUZ:2>28 <APP_LOGGER32_USER_2:2>K3 <APP_LOGGER32_USER_3:4>WX0B <MODE:2>CW <NAME:8>Bob 2406 <OPERATOR:4>N5KD <PFX:2>I2 <APP_LOGGER32_QSL:1>Y <APP_LOGGER32_LoTW:1>Y <QSL_RCVD:1>Y <QSLRDATE:8>20200726 <QSO_DATE:8:D>20200722 <TIME_ON:6>195747 <RST_RCVD:3>599 <RST_SENT:3>599 <STX:3>167 <K_INDEX:1>1 <TIME_OFF:6>195747 <SFI:2>70 <A_INDEX:1>4 <APP_LOGGER32_QSO_NUMBER:5>57682 <EOR>

It clearly shows <QSL_RCVD:1>Y so Logger32 is correct. I have no idea of your QSL printer uses this to print TNX or PLS on your card. I have no idea if GlobalQSL uses it - I have never seen one of my cards.

 73’ Pete, N5KD.

On Jul 26, 2020, at 03:08, w1pr@... wrote:

[...]

TNX to all for replies. I still don't know why I was having trouble, but when I followed all the steps I outlined in my initial post, all worked well.
Pete, N5KD, I, too, use Global QSL. I am impressed by all the data you provide in each ADIF record. My records are much smaller, but include the most important data, i.e. times on/off, QSL PSE/TNX etc. Is there a way to enter data, say from L32 CONTEST info, that Global can use in its NOTES entry? I was able to do that in a much older and now obsolete logger.
TNX & 73 de Paul W1PR

n5kd

Hi Paul,

In the setup screen for the logbook page window, one of the ADIF boxes you can check is “NOTES”.  That is checked, and renamed to “NOTES for Global QSL” in the next column.
Then I can put notes in there to be printed on the card.
After the upload to GlobalQSL they say something like “Do you want to print the notes?”. Obviously I do.

Hope that answers your question.

73’ Pete, N5KD.