Topics

Multiple QSL cards

EI6AL

As QSL manager for a number of special calls I often receive large quantities of cards requesting paper QSL.  I only verify that the call is in the log (not the time/date etc) for a return, and if there are multiple entries for the same call I generate a reply for each.  This saves multiple return cards via the buro as incoming cards for the same call but different qso can arrive over many months/years,  This involves searching for the call, marking each qso for a paper QSL, then clearing the search field. This can involve many many key clicks for one received card, and there are often 300+ cards in one batch.  If there was a facility with a field where the call could be entered and by pressing enter would then mark every matching qso (by callsign only) for "send paper QSL" it would be a great time saver.  The only exception would be qso flagged as QSL sent, which can happen as a card will have been requested via Clublog and a followup buro card sent.  Possibly there is a similar facility lurking somewhere in the program, but so far havent found it.  Any thoughts on alternative shortcuts welcome...
73  Dave    EI6AL

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Dave,

I think that already is existing in Logger32.

This is what I do:

Look at the callsign on the incoming call and key the callsign in the callsign field in the logbook entry window.

Then, if the callsign is in the database, it will show all contacts with the station in the previous qso window.

You can choose to show all qso‘s with the basic callsign at once, i.e. /P /qrp /EA8 etc.

Right click on the contact in the previous pane, it will opent he QSL window and now you do have a bunch of keyboard shortcuts.

If there are many contacts you can click on to QSL flag all Qs, or you hit CTRL-S to mark the incoming card received and set the out flag, clears the Logbook window and closes the QSL pane, all in one hit.

This is all in the help file :)

73 es gl,

Villi

[...]

Bob

Type the callsign in the Logbook Entry Window. Right click on any one of the Previous QSOs that are listed. click the button 'QSL all Qs'. Two clicks and you're outta there. SeventyThree(s).

On May 20, 2020 at 11:37 AM EI6AL <dave.ei6al@...> wrote:

[...]

Jan

There is free a program called BV7 which can do this as well.

https://www.df3cb.com/bv/

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 20-5-2020 om 17:37 schreef EI6AL:
[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Tom Wylie

As a qsl manager I couldn't function without BV7

Tom
GM4FDM