Topics

MSCOMCT2.OCX not correctly registered when Export Logs in ADIF format

winsong

Edited

Hello,
When I export logs in ADIF format, I got below error message:

Run-time error '339':
Component 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I have downloaded 5 different versions of mscomct2.ocx file and placed it in both C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and C:\Windows\System32, then run the regsvr32  C:\Windows\SysWow64\mscomct2.ocx and regsvr32  C:\Windows\System32\mscomct2.ocx, but still got the same error message.  Is there any dependencies for this mscomct2.ocx file I need to copy over and register? It looks like the problem is not the mscomct2.ocx itself...

ja1nlx

What options you checked when you export Logs (ADIF file) ?

73

On 2020/03/21 8:57, winsong via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello,
When I export logs in ADIF format, I got below message. I have downloaded 5 different versions of mscomct2.ocx file and placed it in both C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and C:\Windows\System32, then run the regsvr32  C:\Windows\SysWow64\mscomct2.ocx and regsvr32  C:\Windows\System32\mscomct2.ocx, but still got the same error message.  Is there any dependencies for this mscomct2.ocx file I need to copy over and register? It looks like the problem is not the mscomct2.ocx itself...

Run-time error '339':
Component 'MSCOMCT2.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

winsong

The error message appears immediately after I click the menu File->Export Logs->ADIF (.adi) file. It appears before any subsequent window is displayed, so no option is shown or selected.

Gerald Boutin

winsong,

Did you "Unblock" the file after it was downloaded? If you right click on the file and view Properties, you may see that it is blocked. See an example of a file that was downloaded and before being Unblocked.

Also make sure that you see a confirmation pop-up window saying that the OCX file was successfully registered. Finally, you may also need to restart the computer after registering the ocx file.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

winsong

Thanks Gerald. I checked the properties of the MSCOMCT2.OCX located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. It does not have the "Unblock" check-box. Do I need to turn on some other OS options to show the "Unblock" check-box?

ja1nlx

Did it work before ?
Did it work in previous version of Logger32 ?

If so try previous version.

If this happens after you installed Logger32 then install Logger32 again.
Logger32 will try to install MSCOMCT2.ocx.

73

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 06:17 PM, winsong wrote:
Thanks Gerald. I checked the properties of the MSCOMCT2.OCX located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. It does not have the "Unblock" check-box. Do I need to turn on some other OS options to show the "Unblock" check-box?
No, the Unblock checkbox only shows up if the file is blocked. The success message also looks correct.

--
Gerald, VE1DT

winsong

Hi Aki,
Thanks for the reply. I followed your advice. First I backed up all logs and then reinstalled Logger32 3.50 using the default directory C:\Logger32 and then the problem is solved. Previously it was installed in E:\Program Files (x86)\Logger32 folder.

-winsong

ja1nlx

Hi

Good news!
Logger32 should be installed in the default directory.

enjoy

73

On 2020/03/22 9:10, winsong via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Aki,
Thanks for the reply. I followed your advice. First I backed up all logs and then reinstalled Logger32 3.50 using the default directory C:\Logger32 and then the problem is solved. Previously it was installed in E:\Program Files (x86)\Logger32 folder.

-winsong

winsong

Thanks again, JA1NLX!