#ModeModifier#

John, G4DRS

In pursuit of greater automation of my station, I was reading the Logger32 Help file today. Specifically, I was reading about the #ModeModifier# command.
Sadly, I found it as clear as mud. I'm not getting it, for some reason. Is anyone using it?

I am not sure how the #ModeModifier# command is invoked. Is it as part of the macros in the top 3 boxes of the RCP macros window? If so, where?
I am also puzzled about the table referred to in the Help file. I think that goes in the bottom box, but, again, I'm not sure of syntax or how to implement it.
I'm probably just being thick, but I couldn't get my head around it.
Has anyone any further advice on this subject?

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Bob

As an example assume the command to set radio bandwidth is BWxxx; where xxx is the bandwidth in Hz. You could set up a macro like this:

$command BW#modemodifier#;$

Then you set up mode specific variables for radio 1 like this

CW=100, SSB=2800, RTTY=3000, etc

and for radio 2 like this

CW=250, SSB=3000, RTTY=3000, etc.

Then when you execute your macro with radio 1 in CW the command BW100; is sent to the radio. If you execute the macro with radio 2 in CW the command BW250; is sent. Or something like that anyway. SeventyThree(s).

On 04/27/2021 2:10 PM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

In pursuit of greater automation of my station, I was reading the Logger32 Help file today. Specifically, I was reading about the #ModeModifier# command.
Sadly, I found it as clear as mud. I'm not getting it, for some reason. Is anyone using it?

I am not sure how the #ModeModifier# command is invoked. Is it as part of the macros in the top 3 boxes of the RCP macros window? If so, where?
I am also puzzled about the table referred to in the Help file. I think that goes in the bottom box, but, again, I'm not sure of syntax or how to implement it.
I'm probably just being thick, but I couldn't get my head around it.
Has anyone any further advice on this subject?

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Gary Hinson

I concur, John.  Clear as mud!

I have updated that section of the [next release of the] User Manual as follows:

I hope that’s readable and a little less muddy but if it’s still confusing, please say and we’ll take another poke at it with a sharper stick.

In pursuit of greater automation of my station, I was reading the Logger32 Help file today. Specifically, I was reading about the #ModeModifier# command.
Sadly, I found it as clear as mud. I'm not getting it, for some reason. Is anyone using it?

I am not sure how the #ModeModifier# command is invoked. Is it as part of the macros in the top 3 boxes of the RCP macros window? If so, where?
I am also puzzled about the table referred to in the Help file. I think that goes in the bottom box, but, again, I'm not sure of syntax or how to implement it.
I'm probably just being thick, but I couldn't get my head around it.
Has anyone any further advice on this subject?

Cheers,

John
G4DRS

Vince Shirley

Wow, Gary.

Even I understood that.  A few years ago i made attempts to try and understand what the Mode Modifier command was meant to do but it fried my brain and and I found another way of doing what I wanted.

With that explanation, I might even give it another go.

Vince

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 20:56, Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

[...]

As with the code, documentation deficiencies, can be addressed here. SeventyThree(s).