Missing .OCX files

Chris G3SJJ <g3sjj@...>

Looking for some advice. I think this is a computer problem rather than attributable to L32 as I have been running v4 for a couple of weeks and all OK. The problem seemed to arise after I had uninstalled a couple of other programs.

I don't normally start L32 in "Run as administrator" mode but if I do it now reports ComDig32.ocx missing, clicking on that closes L32.

If I start L32 as normal it starts up as normal and brings in Cluster, CAT etc.

But if the ask for an ADIF Export it reports Run Time Error 339 : MSComCT2.ocx missing and closes.

Any thoughts, please?

Chris G3SJJ

Bob

Reinstall Logger32 over the top of what's left. Your personalized files and logbook will remain untouched, but to be on the safe side, backup your logbook and user files (two left buttons on the button bar). After reinstalling, auto-update. SeventyThree

On 05/02/2021 2:20 PM Chris G3SJJ via groups.io <g3sjj@...> wrote:

Looking for some advice. I think this is a computer problem rather than attributable to L32 as I have been running v4 for a couple of weeks and all OK. The problem seemed to arise after I had uninstalled a couple of other programs.

I don't normally start L32 in "Run as administrator" mode but if I do it now reports ComDig32.ocx missing, clicking on that closes L32.

If I start L32 as normal it starts up as normal and brings in Cluster, CAT etc.

But if the ask for an ADIF Export it reports Run Time Error 339 : MSComCT2.ocx missing and closes.

Any thoughts, please?

Chris G3SJJ

Chris G3SJJ <g3sjj@...>

Many thanks Bob for the instant and concise response. Chris G3SJJ

On 02-May-21 19:24, Bob wrote:
[...]

Re-installed and rebooted P.C. but still reports the same!
73 Chris G3SJJ

On 02-May-21 19:24, Bob wrote:
[...]

When doing the install, both the mscomct2.ocx and the comdlg32.ocx are installed in the C:\windows\syswow64 directory (I am using Win 10 64bit). Can you see them there? If you can, then delete them, and install Logger32 again. This time (as they don't exist) the installer will not only copy them where they belong, but will register them. SeventyTHree(s).

On 02-May-21 19:24, Bob wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bob, that sounds familiar. I  installed new .ocx files but wasn't able to register them correctly. I'll do as you say tomorrow.

de Chris G3SJJ

On 02-May-21 19:24, Bob wrote:
[...]

John T. Blair

At 02:20 PM 5/2/2021, you wrote:

>Looking for some advice. I think this is a computer problem rather than attributable to
>L32 as I have been running v4 for a couple of weeks and all OK. The problem seemed to
>arise after I had uninstalled a couple of other programs.  .....

>But if the ask for an ADIF Export it reports Run Time Error 339 : MSComCT2.ocx missing
>and closes.

Chris,

DId you get it figured out?  If not check  item 2 in my email:

https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/84280?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,was+PC+won%27t+update+-+now+Error+339,20,2,0,82942918

I was having the same problem.  I finally fixed it.

John

Avast logo

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948@...
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
     75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                       65 Rambler Classic

Bricklin:     www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!

From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
     e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
     In God We Trust
     Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                  oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

--
JohnT WA4OHZ
Virginia Beach, VA