Topics

LoTW Export window

Jose KP3W

Greetings;

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Gary Hinson

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

[...]

Greetings Gary, yes certain. I recently discovered this problem after a long time without uploading to LoTW...
why is my call(s) missing from the Export LoTW file window, no idea.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Ken McVie

Hi Jose, what is in the heading bar of your log entry window? Not the logbook, but the window where you enter the QSO info.

73

Ken ZL4NR

On 25/01/2021 2:44 pm, Jose KP3W wrote:
Greetings Gary, yes certain. I recently discovered this problem after a long time without uploading to LoTW...
why is my call(s) missing from the Export LoTW file window, no idea.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Jose KP3W

It reads - Operator: KP3W

 Thanks Ken

In the export QSL file window I get my call as only option. In the export eQSL file I get my call as only option too.
in the export DXCC file window I get the same as in LoTW, just All Operators but it does not work...

 I am beginning to think something went wrong with the program... maybe a new full install is brewing up...
 it will be a pain to configure everything again but such is life. Maybe the Zip users files resto option could help.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Gary Hinson

HI Jose.

I just checked on the LoTW site: your most recent LoTW upload was just a few days ago …

I guess that might explain why there are no/few QSOs marked to upload now!  Assuming you uploaded all QSOs prior to Jan 20th, only subsequent QSOs should be marked to upload now.

Despite what you said, I’m not convinced that there are any QSOs in your log marked to upload to LoTW: perhaps you could show me one, using a screenshot like the one I sent you?  Pick any QSO in your log since Jan 20th 2021, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Jose KP3W

Hello Gary
 You are correct... I did a "manual" partial log .adi file for upload for a fellow amateur that requested confirmation by LoTW of his QSO. I took the date of the contest and sent it to LoTW, but not all the entire flagged logbook database.  Anyhow, still no explanation why the QSOs which are still "flagged" for update do not get generated by the Export LoTW File window and why my callsign does not appear as an option... (?)
your interest and attention regarding this problem is appreciated.

I just checked on the LoTW site: your most recent LoTW upload was just a few days ago …

I guess that might explain why there are no/few QSOs marked to upload now!  Assuming you uploaded all QSOs prior to Jan 20th, only subsequent QSOs should be marked to upload now.

Despite what you said, I’m not convinced that there are any QSOs in your log marked to upload to LoTW: perhaps you could show me one, using a screenshot like the one I sent you?  Pick any QSO in your log since Jan 20th 2021, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Bob

If, as you say, your callsign does not appear in the "Only QSOs by" list, the at a high level the database does not see any QSOs in the Send LoTW index. Quite possibly there are QSOs with the flag set, but the index is broken.

There is a new feature in v4.0 that automagically checks and rebuilds your logbook and compresses the data for improved performance. Just to be on the safe side, first make an ADIF backup of your logbook. Then click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | REBUILD xxxx LOGBOOK.

If that doesn't fix your problem, then you will have to do it the same way as v3.50. Use the ADIF backup file you made, and import the QSOs into a new empty logbook.

SeventyTHree(s)

On 01/25/2021 2:47 PM Jose KP3W <jjr@...> wrote:

Hello Gary
 You are correct... I did a "manual" partial log .adi file for upload for a fellow amateur that requested confirmation by LoTW of his QSO. I took the date of the contest and sent it to LoTW, but not all the entire flagged logbook database.  Anyhow, still no explanation why the QSOs which are still "flagged" for update do not get generated by the Export LoTW File window and why my callsign does not appear as an option... (?)
your interest and attention regarding this problem is appreciated.
I just checked on the LoTW site: your most recent LoTW upload was just a few days ago …

I guess that might explain why there are no/few QSOs marked to upload now!  Assuming you uploaded all QSOs prior to Jan 20th, only subsequent QSOs should be marked to upload now.

Despite what you said, I’m not convinced that there are any QSOs in your log marked to upload to LoTW: perhaps you could show me one, using a screenshot like the one I sent you?  Pick any QSO in your log since Jan 20th 2021, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Gary Hinson

Jose,

You have my interest and attention.  I’m keen to get to the bottom of this issue.

I repeat: please pick any QSO in your log that has been flagged to send to LoTW, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email to this reflector.

 You are correct... I did a "manual" partial log .adi file for upload for a fellow amateur that requested confirmation by LoTW of his QSO. I took the date of the contest and sent it to LoTW, but not all the entire flagged logbook database.  Anyhow, still no explanation why the QSOs which are still "flagged" for update do not get generated by the Export LoTW File window and why my callsign does not appear as an option... (?)

your interest and attention regarding this problem is appreciated.

I just checked on the LoTW site: your most recent LoTW upload was just a few days ago …

I guess that might explain why there are no/few QSOs marked to upload now!  Assuming you uploaded all QSOs prior to Jan 20th, only subsequent QSOs should be marked to upload now.

Despite what you said, I’m not convinced that there are any QSOs in your log marked to upload to LoTW: perhaps you could show me one, using a screenshot like the one I sent you?  Pick any QSO in your log since Jan 20th 2021, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Jose KP3W

Gary:
 Here are the screenshots as requested.
 I am agreeing with Bob that something is "broken" in the installed program here and it is not a Logger32 issue, I just had to be sure.
Quote:
If, as you say, your callsign does not appear in the "Only QSOs by" list, the at a high level the database does not see any QSOs in the Send LoTW index. Quite possibly there are QSOs with the flag set, but the index is broken.
There is a new feature in v4.0 that automagically checks and rebuilds your logbook and compresses the data for improved performance. Just to be on the safe side, first make an ADIF backup of your logbook. Then click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | REBUILD xxxx LOGBOOK.
If that doesn't fix your problem, then you will have to do it the same way as v3.50. Use the ADIF backup file you made, and import the QSOs into a new empty logbook.
SeventyTHree(s)

 I will do as Bob suggests and will post the results for the benefit of the users in general,
thanks again for the support..
(see attached images)

You have my interest and attention.  I’m keen to get to the bottom of this issue.

I repeat: please pick any QSO in your log that has been flagged to send to LoTW, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email to this reflector.

 You are correct... I did a "manual" partial log .adi file for upload for a fellow amateur that requested confirmation by LoTW of his QSO. I took the date of the contest and sent it to LoTW, but not all the entire flagged logbook database.  Anyhow, still no explanation why the QSOs which are still "flagged" for update do not get generated by the Export LoTW File window and why my callsign does not appear as an option... (?)

your interest and attention regarding this problem is appreciated.

I just checked on the LoTW site: your most recent LoTW upload was just a few days ago …

I guess that might explain why there are no/few QSOs marked to upload now!  Assuming you uploaded all QSOs prior to Jan 20th, only subsequent QSOs should be marked to upload now.

Despite what you said, I’m not convinced that there are any QSOs in your log marked to upload to LoTW: perhaps you could show me one, using a screenshot like the one I sent you?  Pick any QSO in your log since Jan 20th 2021, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Jose KP3W

Hello Gary and Bob;
 The automagically process at v4.0 feature cured the problem, it works like a charm (see attached screenshots). I will keep this tool in mind for the future if needed. Thank you very much for the assistance and for a fine program, appreciated.
73's & 77 - Jose - KP3W

You have my interest and attention.  I’m keen to get to the bottom of this issue.

I repeat: please pick any QSO in your log that has been flagged to send to LoTW, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email to this reflector.

 You are correct... I did a "manual" partial log .adi file for upload for a fellow amateur that requested confirmation by LoTW of his QSO. I took the date of the contest and sent it to LoTW, but not all the entire flagged logbook database.  Anyhow, still no explanation why the QSOs which are still "flagged" for update do not get generated by the Export LoTW File window and why my callsign does not appear as an option... (?)

your interest and attention regarding this problem is appreciated.

I just checked on the LoTW site: your most recent LoTW upload was just a few days ago …

I guess that might explain why there are no/few QSOs marked to upload now!  Assuming you uploaded all QSOs prior to Jan 20th, only subsequent QSOs should be marked to upload now.

Despite what you said, I’m not convinced that there are any QSOs in your log marked to upload to LoTW: perhaps you could show me one, using a screenshot like the one I sent you?  Pick any QSO in your log since Jan 20th 2021, right-click it, and generate a screen image (e.g. using the Snippy tool in Windows, or Greenshot or some other utility), then paste it into an email.

> "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).

??  That’s very odd!  Are you certain you have selected “Send LOTW QSL” for at least 1 QSO?

Right-click a QSO in your logbook, any one will do, and look for this:

If Send LOTW QSL is not ticked, click to tick it, then run File -> Export files -> Export LoTW file again.

Here’s how it looks for me with at least one of my ZL2IFB QSOs flagged:

 I usually don't post unless I run out of ideas and after reading the manual and experimenting.
 I have tried to do a LoTW records export for upload to LoTW. It shows on the Export window a checkbox with All Operators and not my call listed. If I check All Operators and click "Start" a message appears: "There are no QSOs with All Operators" (this with lots of QSOs checked for QSL to LoTW).
If I don't select the checkbox I get "You have not selected any Operators. There is nothing to export".

Damn if I do damn if I don't.

Any way to get my callsign in the list of options?  .ini file editing?
I could do a manual Export to adi but I wanted to use this option to work with the LoTW_eQSL utility.

I am sure this may have been covered before but any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced and thanks Bob for a great program.

73 Jose - KP3W

Michael Harris

I might just try this on the installed copy on my Toshiba Netbook lifeboat. N2600 1.6GHz Atom processor, 2GB RAM, Win7 Starter SP1. It works OK, takes ages to recalculate stats for 34k QSO. At the end it was processing 13 QSO per second. Curiously it reportedly ran the CW machine 40wpm software CW with only 0.9% processor overhead!

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 25/01/2021 17:04, Bob wrote:

There is a new feature in v4.0 that automagically checks and rebuilds your logbook and compresses the data for improved performance. Just to be on the safe side, first make an ADIF backup of your logbook. Then click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | REBUILD xxxx LOGBOOK.

Bob

I'm impressed that you were even able to start/run v4.0 on the Netbook. 73.

On 25/01/2021 17:04, Bob wrote:

There is a new feature in v4.0 that automagically checks and rebuilds
your logbook and compresses the data for improved performance. Just to
be on the safe side, first make an ADIF backup of your logbook. Then
click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | REBUILD xxxx LOGBOOK.

n5kd

Hi Mike,

I can handle 40wpm (well, on receive anyway).

I need VP8 on 6mtrs CW.  How about a sked?

That’s a dream, not a real suggestion. I do, however, need ZL on 6m – GARY !!!

I had a little ASUS netbook with similar specification.
One of my friends killed it with a pint of ale at local ham gathering before the pandemic.
Thank goodness.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

On 25/01/2021 17:04, Bob wrote:

> There is a new feature in v4.0 that automagically checks and rebuilds

> your logbook and compresses the data for improved performance. Just to

> be on the safe side, first make an ADIF backup of your logbook. Then

> click TOOLS | DATABASE MAINTENANCE | REBUILD xxxx LOGBOOK.

Ken McVie

Hi Bob, can you make the small warning window that pops up when doing the log rebuild stay on screen a bit longer. Not all of us are speed readers!! Hi! Also, how do we know when it has finished rebuilding the log, I haven't seen anything to tell me that.

73

Ken ZL4NR