Topics

Logger upgrade problems

gabor.s57wj@gmail.com

I upgrade the Logger 32.
I made it manually extracting the zip files into directory.
After restart of the program I got the following error message.:
File error loadig C:\Logger32\Adif.txt
Subscript out of range.

73! Gabor, S57WJ

Sent from Huawei mobile device.

Bob

Try to extract the ADIF.TXT file from the zip file again. If that still fails, then find the program Logger32Rollback.exe in the \Logger32 directory and run it. SeventyThree(s).

On February 19, 2019 at 11:13 AM "gabor.s57wj@..." <gabor.s57wj@...> wrote:

I upgrade the Logger 32.
I made it manually extracting the zip files into directory.
After restart of the program I got the following error message.:
File error loadig C:\Logger32\Adif.txt
Subscript out of range.

73! Gabor, S57WJ

Sent from Huawei mobile device.

Bob

… and we do not normally allow messages from Huawei mobile devices. We don't want the PRC spying on us and stealing our intellectual property :)

On February 19, 2019 at 11:13 AM "gabor.s57wj@..." <gabor.s57wj@...> wrote:

I upgrade the Logger 32.
I made it manually extracting the zip files into directory.
After restart of the program I got the following error message.:
File error loadig C:\Logger32\Adif.txt
Subscript out of range.

73! Gabor, S57WJ

Sent from Huawei mobile device.

GM0WED

Once again I'm in trouble. Having been through this before and cured it, Windows Defender has robbed me of someLogger32 files, quarantined and deleted them.  I have Logger32 in Defender now as a permitted file; however, when trying to run it, I get the same message as above, namely: C:\\Logger32\ADIF.txt "SubScript out of range".  The suggested use of  a rollback .exe doesn't work, I get the message: "I can't find any\Logger32\Update files for Version xx folders.  I cannot run the un-istaller, because defender seems to have quarantined and deleted the un-istaller file.  I have an ADIF of my log safely stored, so I could un-install and start again, if it would only let me.  This is getting very frustrating for a septuagenarian who just wants to operate a little before I kick the bucket.
Ed--Gm0WED

nikkarkav

I also have the same problem.
When automatic update v114 i think is done i have the same message as above.
Please help Nikos

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 5:46 PM GM0WED <ed@...> wrote:
[...]

I think it is the latest upgrade which is the problem.  This is the procedure which worked for me.  If you have updated it, it will not be possible to either load or uninstall the program; so, go to the Logger32 website and download Logger 32, and re-install.  I suggest you keep all the files where the installer says you you have a later version.  Follow the procedure through. When done, do not open Logger32, but go to your Control Panel and uninstall it.  When complete, go back to the Logger32 site, and re-install Logger32 once again, and follow the installer instructions.  When the program detects there is an update, DO NOT agree to it, but keep running this older version, otherwise you will be going round in circles, as I did for over 3 hours.  You might need to go to Windows Defender, and go to 'Allow an app through Windows Defender' facility, and, using the Browser facility find Logger 32.exe AND Logger32autoinstaller.exe on your C drive. When I did this, I can't remember, but it seems you do need both.  When Windows Defender flashes up on the screen that you have a virus, which it will, just politely tell it is it lying, and suggest it takes reading lessons so that it can read that you already have both these .exe programs as exception for it.  It apparently does not recognise that they are in the exceptions list.
Best of luck, you may need it.  73s all round.  Ed--GM0WED