Topics

Logger Problem

Michael Buckle

Hi All

On closing Logger32, it appears to leave a active flag set so when I try to open Logger again, it says "Only one instance of Logger32 is allowed" or something like that. Only way out is to re-boot the laptop. Any ideas because it is a pain to re-boot every time I close Logger32?

Regards, G4RMV

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#80201) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Bob

A reboot is unnecessary, CTL+ALT+DEL will take you to the task manager, where you can stop Logger32.  Previous reports of this have been traced to instances (no pun intended) of Logger32 starting some external process - Click TOOLS | UTILITY PROGRAM SETUP, and on shut down Logger32 is unable to stop the process and hangs. SeventyThree(s).

On May 21, 2020 at 5:06 AM "Michael Buckle via groups.io" <mikejohnb@...> wrote:

Hi All

On closing Logger32, it appears to leave a active flag set so when I try to open Logger again, it says "Only one instance of Logger32 is allowed" or something like that. Only way out is to re-boot the laptop. Any ideas because it is a pain to re-boot every time I close Logger32?

Regards, G4RMV

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#80201) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Michael Buckle

Thanks Bob,

Yes, I should have known about Ctl+Alt=Del and I will also take a look at Utility Programme.

All the very best

On 21/05/2020 11:31, Bob wrote:
[...]

Paul Sturpe

This seems to happen if you shut down Logger32 and then restart it rather quickly.   Anyway, rather than rebooting, go to task manager and look for any instances of Logger32.  Shut them down via task manager.

Quicker than rebooting.   Works for me.

Paul, W3GQ

Michael Buckle

Thanks to Bob and Paul for a solution to the Logger32 "Only one instance of Logger32 is allowed" error, I will use Task Manager for future.

On 21/05/2020 12:33, Paul Sturpe wrote:
This seems to happen if you shut down Logger32 and then restart it rather quickly.   Anyway, rather than rebooting, go to task manager and look for any instances of Logger32.  Shut them down via task manager.

Quicker than rebooting.   Works for me.

Paul, W3GQ

Damian M0BKV

I have to close my utility program VE7CC DXCluster App which Handles my connection to the cluster. This App/program auto connects up on start up. Not hard to remember to do shut down. If I forget Logger32 does come up with a message.