Topics

Logger 32 / Wsjtx / Cherry picking

nodrog79@...

Hi,

I'm pulling my hair out with this one and would appreciate if anyone could help.

I have wsjt-x working great. I have tried to go one further and use this with Logger 32 and the cherry-picking option.

I right click UDP and open up the bandmap. The band map then populates with CQs coming from wsjt-x.

I tick the cherry picking box and it automatically starts calling new countries from the CQ calls on wsjtx.

Should the station reply it immediately sends a TX halt message to Wsjtx and starts calling any other CQing call sign which is a new country. It will do this all day calling new wanted stations but won't initiate the QSO sequence. Its seems to just halt as soon as there is a reply.

I can't find a lot of information on this and it seems to be almost working but I'm not sure what to try now.

Can anyone help?

Best 73

Gordon
GM7WCO

Bob

Open the cherry-picking event viewer (and all will be revealed) ... Send a picture of the events that occurred.  I suspect you will see Logger32 send a command to WSJT to call the station. After a few seconds Logger32 noticed that WSJT was not transmitting (How Rude!). So, Logger32 gets in a huff, and tells WSJT to forget it and turn off TxEnabled ... ad nauseum  ... If this is what you see, there's an option somewhere on WSJT (I don't have it on my PC) to enable it to accept UDP reply messages ... SeventyThree(s).

On 07/06/2020 5:55 PM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Bob,

Logger32 is getting wsjtx to transmit. It will call the station and on getting a reply it then halts tx and tells wsjtx to call another CQing station.

nodrog79@...

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:19 PM, <nodrog79@...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Logger32 is getting wsjtx to transmit. It will call the station and on getting a reply it then halts tx and tells wsjtx to call another CQing station.

Pic attached

Bob

Yes, the event viewer shows that it calls the station once or twice, then when the called station replies to someone else, Logger32 once again goes into a huff, and tries someone else. Logger32 cherry-picker will try to call the station three times then give up, or gives up when the station itis calling replies to someone else. That's the way it's designed to work. If you have the weakest signal on the band, software 'aint gonna work you your DXCC in a weekend. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/06/2020 6:22 PM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:19 PM, <nodrog79@...> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Logger32 is getting wsjtx to transmit. It will call the station and on getting a reply it then halts tx and tells wsjtx to call another CQing station.

Pic attached

nodrog79@...

Hi Bob,

I can see why it gives up after the 3 calls. That's fair enough.

On the other attempts the called station has replied to my call with decent reports. My station should then reply with a report etc and hopefully continue the QSO. Logger32 is telling wsjtx to halt tx.

The latter is happening every time. I call, they reply and the tx halts.

73

Gordon

Bob

Can you show me a picture where you have actually been in QSO and you have been cut off?. 73.

On 07/06/2020 6:43 PM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

I can see why it gives up after the 3 calls. That's fair enough.

On the other attempts the called station has replied to my call with decent reports. My station should then reply with a report etc and hopefully continue the QSO. Logger32 is telling wsjtx to halt tx.

The latter is happening every time. I call, they reply and the tx halts.

73

Gordon

nodrog79@...

No issues getting stations to reply. You can see it both on wsjtx and logger32.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:50 PM, Bob wrote:
<!doctype html>
Can you show me a picture where you have actually been in QSO and you have been cut off?. 73.
On 07/06/2020 6:43 PM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

I can see why it gives up after the 3 calls. That's fair enough.

On the other attempts the called station has replied to my call with decent reports. My station should then reply with a report etc and hopefully continue the QSO. Logger32 is telling wsjtx to halt tx.

The latter is happening every time. I call, they reply and the tx halts.

73

Gordon

Bob

... it would probably be a good idea if the current Logger32 user and the WSJT user had the same callsigns. That way when a called station responded to the WSJT user, Logger32 would know who it was. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/06/2020 7:07 PM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

No issues getting stations to reply. You can see it both on wsjtx and logger32.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:50 PM, Bob wrote:
<!doctype html>
Can you show me a picture where you have actually been in QSO and you have been cut off?. 73.
On 07/06/2020 6:43 PM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

I can see why it gives up after the 3 calls. That's fair enough.

On the other attempts the called station has replied to my call with decent reports. My station should then reply with a report etc and hopefully continue the QSO. Logger32 is telling wsjtx to halt tx.

The latter is happening every time. I call, they reply and the tx halts.

73

Gordon

nodrog79@...

I don't follow sorry. Both are set up to use my call.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 12:19 AM, Bob wrote:
<!doctype html>
[...]

Gordon, the pictures you sent shows that WSJT is using the callsign GM7WCO/P. Lucky you, someone replied to your call. Unfortunately, Logger32 doesn't know who GM7WCO/P is, it thinks the station replied to someone else and abandoned the cherry-picking session. You say 'both are set up to use my call' ... Sorry, I'm not convinced. I can see WSJT thinks your call is GM7WCO/P, I can't see what Logger32 thinks your call is, so my best guess would be GM7WCO? SeventyThree(s).

On 07/07/2020 1:27 AM nodrog79 via groups.io <nodrog79@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob, you're a star. I removed the /P from wsjt-x and it's working great. The fact that it was calling the station to start with led me to believe everything was synced perfectly.

All sorted so many thanks.

73

Gordon

Bob

Gordon, if you are indeed operating /P, then simply add the /P back to WSJT and tell Logger32 to change operator to /P ... On the Logbook Entry Window, right click on the callsign field. Click on the CHANGE OPERATOR menu and add the /P there. You will notice the title bar of the Logbook Entry Window shows who Logger32 thinks you are. Enjot. SeventyThree(s).