Topics

Logger 32 won't start

Ken McVie

I tried to do the update for Logger 32 today from the website. It didn't
work, & I now have a small error window showing --

"File Error Loading C:\Logger32\ADIF.TXT
           Subscript out of range

I initially get a very quick flash of the L32 opening screen, & then
this error comes up. If I click on the OK at the bottom of the error
window I get a blank L32 screen, with all the icons along the top, but a
blank page beneath.

I also tried a "Restore Point " on the computer, but that didn't help.
Logger 32 has been running without problems for many years, so this is a
surprise.

Any help Please?

73
Ken ZL4NR

Gerald Boutin

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 12:52 AM, Ken McVie wrote:
I tried to do the update for Logger 32 today from the website. It didn't
work, & I now have a small error window showing --

"File Error Loading C:\Logger32\ADIF.TXT
           Subscript out of range
Ken,

It would seem that there might be something wrong with the ADIF.txt file. As a test, I renamed my ADIF.txt file and started L32. It didn't have the same error message that you saw, but your description was what I saw here as well.

It is only a small text file. Take a look at your version for problems. Here are the contents of my working version.

ADDRESS
DISTANCE
ARRL_SECT
BAND
CALL
CNTY
COMMENT
CONT
CONTEST_ID
CQZ
USER_1
DXCC
FREQ
GRIDSQUARE
IOTA
ITUZ
USER_2
USER_3
MODE
NAME
NOTES
OPERATOR
PFX
PROP_MODE
QSLMSG
QSLRDATE
QSLSDATE
QSL_RCVD
QSL_SENT
QSL_VIA
QSO_DATE
QTH
RST_RCVD
RST_SENT
RX_PWR
SAT_MODE
SAT_NAME
SRX
STATE
STX
K_INDEX
TEN_TEN
TIME_OFF
TIME_ON
TX_PWR
SFI
QSO_NUMBER
eQSL_QSL_SENT
eQSL_QSL_RCVD
LOTW_QSL_SENT
LOTW_QSL_RCVD
FREQ_RX
BAND_RX
A_INDEX
SOTA_REF

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Ken McVie

Hi Gerald, mine looks exactly like yours, I went through them both 3 times, & renaming it did nothing to fix the problem.

Cheers
Ken

On 26/08/2019 4:39 PM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
[...]

Bob

There is a file in the Logger32 directory called Logger32Rollback.exe. Run it, check the Ver 3.50.392 option, then click Rollback. SeventyThree(s).

On August 25, 2019 at 11:52 PM Ken McVie <kenmc@...> wrote:

I tried to do the update for Logger 32 today from the website. It didn't
work, & I now have a small error window showing --

"File Error Loading C:\Logger32\ADIF.TXT
           Subscript out of range

I initially get a very quick flash of the L32 opening screen, & then
this error comes up. If I click on the OK at the bottom of the error
window I get a blank L32 screen, with all the icons along the top, but a
blank page beneath.

I also tried a "Restore Point " on the computer, but that didn't help.
Logger 32 has been running without problems for many years, so this is a
surprise.

Any help Please?

73
Ken ZL4NR

Ken McVie

Hi Bob, I don't have the option of clicking on a ver 3.50.392 !
Attached  is a screen shot of the Rollback dir. when I open the
Logger32Rollback.exe

73
Ken ZL4NR

On 26/08/2019 6:30 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Hi again Bob, I managed to get the rollback to finally work, & am now on
ver. .392. So my screen is back to normal again, & I'll wait to see if
it comes up with an update over the next few days.

Thanks for the help -- much appreciated!!

73
Ken ZL4NR

On 26/08/2019 6:30 PM, Bob wrote:
[...]

Ken, in the Logger32 directory there will be folders like this (picture below) the updates folders are automatically created every time you upgrade. You don't have any? 73.

On 26/08/2019 6:30 PM, Bob wrote:
There is a file in the Logger32 directory called Logger32Rollback.exe. Run it, check the Ver 3.50.392 option, then click Rollback. SeventyThree(s).
>> On August 25, 2019 at 11:52 PM Ken McVie <kenmc@...> wrote:
>>

>> I tried to do the update for Logger 32 today from the website. It didn't
>> work, & I now have a small error window showing --
>>
>> "File Error Loading C:\Logger32\ADIF.TXT
>>            Subscript out of range
>>
>> I initially get a very quick flash of the L32 opening screen, & then
>> this error comes up. If I click on the OK at the bottom of the error
>> window I get a blank L32 screen, with all the icons along the top, but a
>> blank page beneath.
>>
>> I also tried a "Restore Point " on the computer, but that didn't help.
>> Logger 32 has been running without problems for many years, so this is a
>> surprise.
>>
>> Any help Please?
>>
>> 73
>> Ken ZL4NR

Ken McVie

Hi Bob, I have just this minute started Logger32, & it starts up ok on ver. 393. This was after I managed to get the rollback system to work, & then an auto update came thru which went ahead without a hitch. So I think I'm all good again, & yes I do have those folders in the L32 dir. I tried the 392 one but it didn't work either!! Then I went back to the Rollback system & this time the window showed the different versions to roll back to, & it worked when I chose the last one on the list. Don't ask me why they didn't show when I tried earlier [as the pic I sent shows] but magic happened & it all went ahead ok when I retried it.
Computers -- don't you just love them!!!

73
Ken ZL4NR