From: "g3sed via groups.io" <g3sed@...>
Sent: 11/04/2020 17:00:33
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger 32 with Icom IC-9700

I am trying to get Logger 32 to interface with my Icom IC-9700. I have used ICOM as the radio, set correct hex address ( default A2), correct com port ( in my case COM 5), correct baud, parity etc but it will not see the Icom IC-9700. The Icom IC-9700 interfaces with WSJT ok so i know the com port 5 works.  Also with my main radio, Icom-7850 set as radio one ( and the relevant settings  using ICOM again as the radio ) - all works great.

What am i doing wrong - any ideas?

--
73, John - G7SSE

HA0DU Steve

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 06:34 PM, John Munton - G7SSE wrote:
In the 9700 menu; SET / CONNECTORS / CI-V check you have CI-V USB Echo Back  set to ON
Hello All,
I am writing this on behalf of a lucky owner of an IC-9700. He is running a Win11 (64 bit) computer connected to the '9700. DXlog and JTDX work all OK (in both softwares, IC-9700 can be selected), but not Logger32 (no specific IC-9700 setting). He triple-checked all settings, including the CI-V  USB Echo Back, but it does not work. Please send your suggestion/advice to Steve.HA0DU@...

73 Steve HA0DU

Bob

I didn't even know there was an IC-9700, but I Googled the IC-9700 CAT commands/replies. Looks like it will not work with any of the Icom options currently in Logger32. Will IC-9700 support be added to Logger32? Probably not. I have no way of testing, and I have no idea what most of the CAT commands do, or how/what they are used for. SeventyThree(s).

On 09/27/2022 1:54 PM HA0DU Steve <steve.ha0du@...> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 06:34 PM, John Munton - G7SSE wrote:
In the 9700 menu; SET / CONNECTORS / CI-V check you have CI-V USB Echo Back  set to ON
Hello All,
I am writing this on behalf of a lucky owner of an IC-9700. He is running a Win11 (64 bit) computer connected to the '9700. DXlog and JTDX work all OK (in both softwares, IC-9700 can be selected), but not Logger32 (no specific IC-9700 setting). He triple-checked all settings, including the CI-V  USB Echo Back, but it does not work. Please send your suggestion/advice to Steve.HA0DU@...

73 Steve HA0DU

Steve VE3RX

Most of the commands would be similar to the IC-9100, IC-910H, etc. except for for the fancier features of the newer radio...
The IC-9700 is about the most popular (in purchases) VHF/UHF radio out there now-a-days. It has been out for years...
One does not need all the CAT commands. Especially for SAT work, it does get complicated. But basic VFO A/B and sub band would be similar to the IC-9100 in constructs.

73
Steve

HA0DU Steve

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately the IC-9100 is not listed either... Only these are listed: Icom 7300 735 7600 7700 7800
What do you recommend?

73 Steve HA0DU

Steve VE3RX <ve3cwj@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. szept. 28., Sze, 0:07):

Most of the commands would be similar to the IC-9100, IC-910H, etc. except for for the fancier features of the newer radio...
The IC-9700 is about the most popular (in purchases) VHF/UHF radio out there now-a-days. It has been out for years...
One does not need all the CAT commands. Especially for SAT work, it does get complicated. But basic VFO A/B and sub band would be similar to the IC-9100 in constructs.

73
Steve

John Munton - G7SSE

Steve, I would be tempted to try either the generic "Icom" or try the "Icom IC-7300" (which is what I use with my IC-7610)

In either case make sure you use the correct CI-V address for your 9700.

BTW the Echo Back setting does need to be on.

73
John
G7SSE