Topics

Logger 32:new computer

Bryan Sanders

I have been running logger32 on an older computer. I have logbook and user settings saved on a 16 gb flash drive. Where would I need to go once I load logger 32 on the new computer. Want to have it look the same as it was on the old computer. 

thanks, Bryan,NU8J 

Jim Hargrave

Bryan,

a)      The best way is to make full backups on the old setup. Suggest you export your logbook to an ADI file

b)      Run a full install and let it update on the new computer

c)       Unpack your backup files in the new folder.

d)      Import the logbook adi file

Good luck. You may encounter a few errors, such as fonts and window size etc.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bryan Sanders
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 3:52 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger 32:new computer

I have been running logger32 on an older computer. I have logbook and user settings saved on a 16 gb flash drive. Where would I need to go once I load logger 32 on the new computer. Want to have it look the same as it was on the old computer. 

thanks, Bryan,NU8J 

Larry Fravel

Copy your old logger32.ini into the new installation and you should be OK.  I would also create an .adi file of your old log and once the install is up and running with all the updates and club log updates then copy the .ini file and import the .adi file. You should be in business.  May have to reset you clusters but that should do it.

Larry K8YYY

--
Today is a good day to have a GREAT Day!

Jim Hargrave

Don’t forget the config files for the individual windows/functions.

In addition to the Logger32.ini there are several INI,DB and TXT files that complete the full package.

Hence the recommendation to make a full backup so all necessary files will be saved.

Another way to transfer the program is to copy the entire Logger32 folder to the new computer, then run  the 3.50 full install in your new folder and it will copy the necessary operating system files and leave your config files intact.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Fravel
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 5:36 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Logger 32:new computer

Copy your old logger32.ini into the new installation and you should be OK.  I would also create an .adi file of your old log and once the install is up and running with all the updates and club log updates then copy the .ini file and import the .adi file. You should be in business.  May have to reset you clusters but that should do it.

Larry K8YYY

--
Today is a good day to have a GREAT Day!

Mike

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 10:52 PM, Bryan Sanders wrote:
Where would I need to go once I load logger 32 on the new computer.
Zip databases and logbook, zip user files. 2 icons on tle left on iconbar in L32.
Install L32 on new computer, unzip backup created earlier.
Recalculate statistics. Update. Done.
No need to use adi file at ll.
Mike