Topics

Logger 32 / CW Machine

n3bud
 

I was trying to get CW Machine in Logger 32 to control a USB to CW device.   Device works fine with N1MM but I can't get it to work with Logger 32's CW Machine.   The device is a LD-C103 and simulates a serial port.  Any one have a solution?
Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD 

ja1nlx
 

Mike

I think you need to select "Software mode" and select proper serial port in CW machine.
The serial port is created when the device is connected to PC.

73

On 2020/07/25 20:14, n3bud wrote:
I was trying to get CW Machine in Logger 32 to control a USB to CW device.   Device works fine with N1MM but I can't get it to work with Logger 32's CW Machine.   The device is a LD-C103 and simulates a serial port.  Any one have a solution?
Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD 
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Bob
 

... and Google tells me it uses RTS keying.

So, with the gizmo unplugged, open the CW Machine. Select Software keyer. Open the Keyer setup. List the serial ports Logger32 can see. Now Close the Keyer setup window and plug in the gizmo. Open the keyer setup window an list the serial ports again. See the new one? That's the port you want. Select it. Now check the dedicated serial port and and standard keying options. Click apply. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/25/2020 7:30 AM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:


Mike

I think you need to select "Software mode" and select proper serial port in CW machine.
The serial port is created when the device is connected to PC.

73

On 2020/07/25 20:14, n3bud wrote:
I was trying to get CW Machine in Logger 32 to control a USB to CW device.   Device works fine with N1MM but I can't get it to work with Logger 32's CW Machine.   The device is a LD-C103 and simulates a serial port.  Any one have a solution?
Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD 
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Bob
 

... and Google wont tell me if the gizmo actually toggles PTT, so you'll need to experiment with that by turning on your VOX (if your radio can operate CW PTT that way). SeventyThree(s).

On 07/25/2020 8:48 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:


... and Google tells me it uses RTS keying.

So, with the gizmo unplugged, open the CW Machine. Select Software keyer. Open the Keyer setup. List the serial ports Logger32 can see. Now Close the Keyer setup window and plug in the gizmo. Open the keyer setup window an list the serial ports again. See the new one? That's the port you want. Select it. Now check the dedicated serial port and and standard keying options. Click apply. SeventyThree(s).
On 07/25/2020 7:30 AM ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:


Mike

I think you need to select "Software mode" and select proper serial port in CW machine.
The serial port is created when the device is connected to PC.

73

On 2020/07/25 20:14, n3bud wrote:
I was trying to get CW Machine in Logger 32 to control a USB to CW device.   Device works fine with N1MM but I can't get it to work with Logger 32's CW Machine.   The device is a LD-C103 and simulates a serial port.  Any one have a solution?
Thanks,
Mike, N3BUD 
--
73 de aki
JA1NLX

Barry GM4GIF
 

Crikey!, now I know why I use a straight key, plug in and go!
73 de Barry/gm4gif

n3bud
 

Guys I have tried all the above to no avail.   Logger 32 for some reason will not allow me to use this device.   Is anyone else using it and if so how did you configure it?  It works perfectly with N1MM.   I was hoping to use it when in our motor home.  Space is always tight and I could eliminate the paddles if it worked.  Hate to change logging programs.

Dave Colliau
 

If it works in N1MM it sure should work in Logger 32 ?  comport and use dedicated serial port and rts or dtr keying.use ptt to switch to transmit.  Make sure you dont have 2 programs trying to use the port at the same time .
Dave N8DC

Bob
 

How can we help you if you won't help yourself? You said:  Logger 32 for some reason will not allow me to use this device. What do you see, what do you not see? Does Logger32 see the port? Can you open the port? Maybe my biorhythms are at a low right now, but I find your description of the problem unhelpful. SeventyThree(s)

On 07/25/2020 11:21 AM n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:


Guys I have tried all the above to no avail.   Logger 32 for some reason will not allow me to use this device.   Is anyone else using it and if so how did you configure it?  It works perfectly with N1MM.   I was hoping to use it when in our motor home.  Space is always tight and I could eliminate the paddles if it worked.  Hate to change logging programs.

Dave Colliau
 

Easy Bob . I see your blood pressure rising  !
Dave N8DC

On 07/25/2020 12:00 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:


How can we help you if you won't help yourself? You said:  Logger 32 for some reason will not allow me to use this device. What do you see, what do you not see? Does Logger32 see the port? Can you open the port? Maybe my biorhythms are at a low right now, but I find your description of the problem unhelpful. SeventyThree(s)
On 07/25/2020 11:21 AM n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:


Guys I have tried all the above to no avail.   Logger 32 for some reason will not allow me to use this device.   Is anyone else using it and if so how did you configure it?  It works perfectly with N1MM.   I was hoping to use it when in our motor home.  Space is always tight and I could eliminate the paddles if it worked.  Hate to change logging programs.

n3bud
 

Bob,
Not sure if you saw my reply I sent since it does not appear here.   I understand your point of view.   I was simply asking if anyone else was using the device with Logger 32 and how they configured it if they were.   I have tried what others suggested to no avail.  I can get the device to either through a steady carrier or send just dits.  No problem getting the device to work with DX Labs or N1MM.   I was simply hoping to continue to use Logger32 after using it for so long.   It would be nice if the issue with CW Machine was addressed, it does work fine with a true serial port.  I suspect it is something simple in the program itself.  A friend that makes his living on computers had told me that it wouldn't work with Logger 32's CW Machine I was just hoping someone had figured a way around it.   

Bob
 

Bud, looks like you're on your own with this one. You have indirectly answered some of my questions - I guess you were able to identify the serial port and open it. Good luck, SeventyThree(s).

On 07/26/2020 7:34 AM n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:


Bob,
Not sure if you saw my reply I sent since it does not appear here.   I understand your point of view.   I was simply asking if anyone else was using the device with Logger 32 and how they configured it if they were.   I have tried what others suggested to no avail.  I can get the device to either through a steady carrier or send just dits.  No problem getting the device to work with DX Labs or N1MM.   I was simply hoping to continue to use Logger32 after using it for so long.   It would be nice if the issue with CW Machine was addressed, it does work fine with a true serial port.  I suspect it is something simple in the program itself.  A friend that makes his living on computers had told me that it wouldn't work with Logger 32's CW Machine I was just hoping someone had figured a way around it.   

Gerry VE6LB
 


Just because your device works on N1MM doesn't mean it will work on L32 with the same setting. I use and elderly WinKey I (serial) and the stetting are different between the 2 programs.

73, Gerry VE6LB

On 25/07/2020 09:21, n3bud wrote:
Guys I have tried all the above to no avail.   Logger 32 for some reason will not allow me to use this device.   Is anyone else using it and if so how did you configure it?  It works perfectly with N1MM.   I was hoping to use it when in our motor home.  Space is always tight and I could eliminate the paddles if it worked.  Hate to change logging programs.

--
73, Gerry VE6LB ve6lb@... ve6lb.ve6hams.com

n3bud
 

Many thanks to Villi, TF3VS.   With his help the issue was identified and resolved.   Changing a setting under rig control allowed me to see the keying method windows in CW Machine and make the correct setting.  THANKS AGAIN VILLI   

73s Mike, N3BUD

 

Dave Colliau
 

Sigh.. Glad you got it figured out. I knew if it worked in the other programs it would work in Logger 32 . The we hate logger 32 guys will tell you differently.
Congrats on winning the battle.
Dave N8DC

On 07/26/2020 4:28 PM n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:


Many thanks to Villi, TF3VS.   With his help the issue was identified and resolved.   Changing a setting under rig control allowed me to see the keying method windows in CW Machine and make the correct setting.  THANKS AGAIN VILLI   

73s Mike, N3BUD

 

Bob
 

... and I thought your computer go-to guy said it wouldn't work :)

On 07/26/2020 4:28 PM n3bud <n3bud@...> wrote:


Many thanks to Villi, TF3VS.   With his help the issue was identified and resolved.   Changing a setting under rig control allowed me to see the keying method windows in CW Machine and make the correct setting.  THANKS AGAIN VILLI   

73s Mike, N3BUD