Logger32 with the Icom IC-7300

Barry GM4GIF

Hi

I’ve been playing with an IC-7300 for a few days, a really nice rig but I couldn’t get it to talk to my laptop (Windows10). Did a search on here for ‘IC-7300’ and came across Bob’s settings which he found in the help file (which is probably were I should have gone in the first place hi).

Anyway, I input all these settings and great, the rig and laptop are in contact. In the L32 ‘set up radio box’ I ticked “Radio changes frequency when Mode is changed” and now if I click on any of the frequencies that I have set up in Aki’s FreqPad or in the Dx Spots window,  L32 and the Rig both QSY there, brilliant. Also if I QSY the rig, Logger32 follows it.

The moral to this long (and no doubt boring to some) tale is RTFM 😒.

All I need now is to get FLDIGI in the mix, I took one look at the GUI, my eyes glazed over and I went looking for Bob’s favourite tipple hi. Try again tomorrow.

Thanks again Bob for Logger32.

73

Barry / gm4gif

Bob

“Radio changes frequency when Mode is changed” ... I don't think this option needs to be enabled for Icom,. As I recall, it's a Yahoo thing. SeventyThree(s).

On 10/11/2021 12:36 PM Barry GM4GIF <gm4gif@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bob
Yes, you’re right, I’ve just tried it with the box unchecked and everything still works perfectly as in my previous post. Don’t recall where I picked that up from, not to worry, everything’s working as I want it so now I can concentrate on getting FLDIGI to play hi.
73’s - Have a double on me 🙂
Barry / gm4gif