Logger32 + Win4Yaesu + FTDX10

Steve <steve@...>

Greetings...

New to the forum and Logger32 and having a problem getting the radio, CAT control and Logger to talk to each other.  The Yaesu, Win4Yaesu and Log4OM work perfectly together, so must be missing something in the configuration with Logger32.  Also, the FTDX10 is not an option in the L32 Radio Setup; what's the proper rig to select?  Using com0com and OmniRig in the setup for the FTDX10, Win4Yaesu, Log4OM, and SDRConsole; everything plays nicely together.

Any help with getting Logger32 to talk with everything else would be appreciated.

Thanks, 73...
Steve KH6CT

Gary Hinson

HI Steve.

There is advice on configuring and using the CAT function – in general – plus specific advice on the CAT port settings and commands for various radios, in the Logger32 v4 User Guide. 

Check out chapter 52 on Yaesus and CAT chapter 12 for starters.

The first FAQ in section 12.4 gives a page and half of advice on what to do when your CAT is playing up.  The first bullet links to section 12.2 on the radio debug window, where there are detailed instructions (with pictures) on how to diagnose CAT connection problems.

A cursory glance at the FTdx10 CAT manual shows that it seems to be using typical Yaesu CAT commands, so try configuring Logger32 as a similar model from its list (as prompted in section 52.1.1), and see how it goes.   [I’m not au fait with Yaesu’s current radios, so I don’t know which models to try.  My FT101E was barely transistorised, and my first transceiver, an FT200,  would be a museum piece now, like me.]

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Tuesday, 3 May 2022 4:29 am
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger32 + Win4Yaesu + FTDX10

Greetings...

New to the forum and Logger32 and having a problem getting the radio, CAT control and Logger to talk to each other.  The Yaesu, Win4Yaesu and Log4OM work perfectly together, so must be missing something in the configuration with Logger32.  Also, the FTDX10 is not an option in the L32 Radio Setup; what's the proper rig to select?  Using com0com and OmniRig in the setup for the FTDX10, Win4Yaesu, Log4OM, and SDRConsole; everything plays nicely together.

Any help with getting Logger32 to talk with everything else would be appreciated.

Thanks, 73...
Steve KH6CT

ja1nlx

Steve

If you are new to Logger32 I strongly suggest you to try step-by-step.
First, run ONLY Logger32 and check whether it can talk to FTDX-10.
Selecting the latest Yeasu like FT-101D or FT-101MP will work for FTDX-10.

73 de aki
JA1NLX

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2022/05/03 1:29:03
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger32 + Win4Yaesu + FTDX10

Greetings...

Thanks, 73...
Steve KH6CT

Steve <steve@...>

Aki...

Thanks for the great advice.  Being very careful, added one program at a time, and everything fell into place. 

Best 73 and Mahalo, Steve KH6CT

ja1nlx

Enjoy 😄

73 de aki
JA1NLX

On 2022/05/04 3:46:52, Steve <steve@...> wrote:

Aki...

Thanks for the great advice.  Being very careful, added one program at a time, and everything fell into place. 

Best 73 and Mahalo, Steve KH6CT