Topics

LOGGER32 strange error

ic8pof

HI All, I am using the last revision of Logger32 and since many months, before in win7-32b and now in win10-64b,
I havehad and still have a strange error occourring from time to time without that I move anything , look   at the pic below:

when I close the two error windows all goes ahead normally.
To be ensured if such error would appear in  another software-log,  I am using a second different HAMLOG
and in it all is ok.
My CAT system runs flawlessly with a Microham MicroKeyer and have also tested its anti-noise-usb options
of the uRouter software, but the error appears always at random times.
Do you have any idea\suggestion about?
73
Phil IC8POF

Bob

Slow down the CAT polling rate (increase the poll interval). SeventyThree(s).

On May 13, 2020 at 1:28 PM "ic8pof via groups.io" <ic8pof@...> wrote:

HI All, I am using the last revision of Logger32 and since many months, before in win7-32b and now in win10-64b,
I havehad and still have a strange error occourring from time to time without that I move anything , look   at the pic below:

when I close the two error windows all goes ahead normally.
To be ensured if such error would appear in  another software-log,  I am using a second different HAMLOG
and in it all is ok.
My CAT system runs flawlessly with a Microham MicroKeyer and have also tested its anti-noise-usb options
of the uRouter software, but the error appears always at random times.
Do you have any idea\suggestion about?
73
Phil IC8POF

Glen and Pam Kesselring

Phil and Bob… I requested help on this same problem in message  # 78891.  Bob, you gave me that suggestion  as well.  However, I have gone up to 200ms and more and still have this same problem.

Maybe still a bug??

73 Glen K0JGH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Rick Ellison

From the help file…

I think Bob still has boobies on his mind and forgot..

8.2 If you use Logger32 to control your radio and are manually changing the VFO, you may see a popup warning window:  The band had no entries that match a frequency of .00 Mhz.  The Band and Mode have not been changed.  To resolve this issue, make a 'catch all' entry at the bottom of your Band Plan covering the frequency range .0000 to 100.000 (or higher).

For example:  10M,USB,.000000,100.000000,,LSB,,N,,,

As an alternate, you can uncheck the "Enable out of band messages" option on the View menu.

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

Glen, with my code, a bug is always a probability, but what to do, how to find it? If you can open the radio debug window and capture the messages to/from the radio that cause the error, then maybe we can make some progress. Try one that works for you. SeventyThree(s).

On May 13, 2020 at 9:02 PM Glen and Pam Kesselring <kesselring73@...> wrote:

[...]

Pedro P

Hello Phil !

Check the interface cable for any RF interference that might be causing interference in the data connection and giving a wrong value of frequency.
I had a similar problem due to RF in the shack when using an antenna tuner and a simple homemade interface to connect the radio to the PC.
Try using good shielded cables and some ferrite beads on the data connections.
Hope this helps !

73 de CT1ELP
Pedro Pedroso
http://ppedroso.planetaclix.pt

[...]

HI All and thank you for the suggestions.
The "uncheck_out-of-band_msg" seems to work till now.
73s
Phil