Topics

Logger32 just goan....

KE1F Lou

I had logger32 program on my Windows 10 computer open, while I was doing something else, when I returned the Logger32 was no place to be found. So I figured a re-booting may bring it back. I got a Windows 10 update and after rebooting Logger 32 still missing.
How can I get back my log with 76,000 QSOs in it?
PLEASE HELP.
Lou KE1F.

Bob

All you have to do is go to Windows Security | Quarantined Items | Restore, and everything should be automagically returned. And, if you want to keep Microsoft from getting in your face with every update, you need to file a false positive virus report with Microsoft. Also reconfigure the AV software on your PC to NOT do that again.SeventyThree(s).

On May 13, 2020 at 6:22 PM KE1F Lou <lmecseri@...> wrote:

I had logger32 program on my Windows 10 computer open, while I was doing
something else, when I returned the Logger32 was no place to be found.
So I figured a re-booting may bring it back. I got a Windows 10 update
and after rebooting Logger 32 still missing.
How can I get back my log with 76,000 QSOs in it?
PLEASE HELP.
Lou KE1F.

John Munton - G7SSE

Lou

Are you using Windows Security? If so, open it and in "Virus & threat protection" look for "Protection history" then "Quarantined threats"

If Logger32 is listed in there you should have an option to restore it.

Now go back to the "Virus & threat protection" main page and go to "Virus & threat protection settings" and click "Manage settings".

Scroll down to "Exclusions" and click "Add or remove exclusions"

Add an exclusion for type "Folder" for your Logger32 directory folder.

73
John
G7SSE

--
73, John - G7SSE

KE1F Lou

Thank you John.
I am close to give on Windows 10 and go back to XP.
73 Lou KE1F

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

I had logger32 program on my Windows 10 computer open, while I was doing something else, when I returned the Logger32 was no place to be found. So I figured a re-booting may bring it back. I got a Windows 10 update and after rebooting Logger 32 still missing.
How can I get back my log with 76,000 QSOs in it?
PLEASE HELP.
Lou KE1F.

John Munton - G7SSE

Oh I don't know Lou ...

I've had a few "wrestling matches" with XP and with 7.

I do quite like 10, when its behaving ;-)

Hope your back up and running OK.

73, John - G7SSE

I am close to give on Windows 10 and go back to XP.
73 Lou KE1F

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

I had logger32 program on my Windows 10 computer open, while I was doing something else, when I returned the Logger32 was no place to be found. So I figured a re-booting may bring it back. I got a Windows 10 update and after rebooting Logger 32 still missing.
How can I get back my log with 76,000 QSOs in it?
PLEASE HELP.
Lou KE1F.

--
73, John - G7SSE

KE1F Lou

Thanks guys, I am back in operation.
Lou  KE1F

On 5/13/2020 7:09 PM, John Munton - G7SSE wrote:
[...]

You're back in operation, and I'm back at home in another two weeks of quarantine (Where we have more Famous Grouse in stock than toilet rolls ... and that's a lot, I share the house with four toilet roll eating females). So back to business ... Monday still looks good for an auto-update.

Lou (and everyone else) now is the time to make sure you have your anti-virus software configured so that it does not hide Logger32 next month when it does the update. You need help? Ask. SeventyThree(s).

PS. If Microsoft just ate your Logger32, don't whine here, go to:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission