Topics

Logger32 Issue

James Holohan

Hi.
     Just recently with the latest updates I'm experiencing problems when I run Logger32. I've attached the error message. Sometimes the program runs up and sometimes it freezes my PC, then I have to physically press the off button to restore it.

Gary Hinson

Hmmm. So the first error message says your ADIF.TXT file doesn’t have an entry for QSO_DATE.

Have you checked your ADIF.TXT file?  It should be in the Logger32 directory, a plain text file that should open with, say, Notepad.  It lists the ADIF field names that Logger32 understands. 

Does your ADIF.TXT in fact include the line QSO_DATE?

If it doesn’t, then somehow your ADIF.TXT file appears to have been corrupted.

If it does, then it appears there is something else going on that (occasionally?) interferes with Logger32 starting up and reading that file.  My guess would be an antivirus package scanning the file when it is opened by Logger32 … but that’s just a guess.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of James Holohan
Sent: 14 January 2020 06:46
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger32 Issue

Hi.
     Just recently with the latest updates I'm experiencing problems when I run Logger32. I've attached the error message. Sometimes the program runs up and sometimes it freezes my PC, then I have to physically press the off button to restore it.

Bob

I doubt thus is related to recent upgrades, but to be on the safe side, rollback to an earlier version. 73.

On January 13, 2020 at 12:46 PM James Holohan <holohaj2@...> wrote:

Hi.