Topics

Logger32.exe Deleted

Jim Cox

Windows Defender deleted my Logger32.exe file as having the Trojan:Win32/WoreFline.A!d  virus this morning.  Anyone else have this problem?   Jim K4JAF

Mike

Nope.
You should scan whole PC with proper software.
Mike

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

Hi,
 this is probably the same problem that I reported yesterday by "L32 link gone", but not received any suggestions yet.
I scanned the whole PC for the "disappeared" exe file but it is not there.

Ilya, 4Z1UF

Jim Cox

Done that..  It keeps on deleting the Logger32.exe file when it is replaced with current version.  Jim K4JAF

Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:47 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Logger32.exe Deleted

Nope.
Mike

Dave Colliau

Another reason I use AVG free. Never an issue.
Dave N8DC

On March 15, 2020 at 9:11 AM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

Windows Defender deleted my Logger32.exe file as having the Trojan:Win32/WoreFline.A!d  virus this morning.  Anyone else have this problem?   Jim K4JAF

Jim Cox

I suspect so.  It maybe a false positive, not sure.  73s Jim K4JAF

Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 9:00 AM

Hi,
this is probably the same problem that I reported yesterday by "L32 link gone", but not received any suggestions yet.
I scanned the whole PC for the "disappeared" exe file but it is not there.

Ilya, 4Z1UF

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 07:15 AM, Dave Colliau wrote:
Another reason I use AVG free. Never an issue
I used it for a long time, but the advertisements became so annoying that I  uninstalled it. Maybe worth to install a fresh version one a year and then uninstall it. Looks like in a first year it is less hassle.
4Z1UF

Dave Colliau

I really dont see much for ads?
Dave N8DC

On March 15, 2020 at 11:17 AM "Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF" <4z1uf@...> wrote:

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 07:15 AM, Dave Colliau wrote:
Another reason I use AVG free. Never an issue
I used it for a long time, but the advertisements became so annoying that I  uninstalled it. Maybe worth to install a fresh version one a year and then uninstall it. Looks like in a first year it is less hassle.
4Z1UF

Gerald Boutin

Jim,

All antivirus programs have false positives from time to time. My AV package found the L32 files including the latest .409 version to be virus free.

Make sure that you are allowing Windows Defender updates to run and that you have the latest update. Typically, there is a daily update.

Adding an exclusion to the Windows Defender settings for the Logger32 directory will let you continue in peace.

-- 
Gerald, VE1DT

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 11:11 AM, Jim Cox wrote:
Done that..  It keeps on deleting the Logger32.exe file when it is replaced with current version.  Jim K4JAF

Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:47 AM

Nope.
Mike

Mike

Seems that windows defender is a little paranoid. I disabled it anyway, because I use different AV software.
Mike

Arturo LU6ETB

I faced the same issue.
Windows Defender detected 2 virus  Program:Win32/Uwasson.A!ml and Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

I thought it was because I installed L32LogSync
Did you also installed it?

I recovered the file from Antivirus

73 de Arturo, LU6ETB

El dom., 15 mar. 2020 a las 10:11, Jim Cox (<jcox123@...>) escribió:

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

Arturo,
 I made some changes to LogSync (actually, tried to run it) and same day that happened. Probably these are related.
Ilya

DamianM0BKV

I have the problem but using McAfee Firewall. It even removes it from the Ignore list. Ive put V409 in place of V410 for now. This works fine.

DamianM0BKV

Does exactly the same on my second PC completely seperate. 

w1pr@...

Just happened to with McAfee. It let me restore L32 but deleted it again when I tried to start it. Said suspect was something called 6387cc80de0a. I'm using latest version of L32; before this supposed virus turned up it always looked for an update and hasn't found any for at several days. Google search comes up with nothing. DuckDuckGo has a few Russian sites.   Any suggestions?  I'm reluctant to run L32 with antivirus disabled. To have this happen when I'm stuck in the house because of COVID-19 really sucks. TNX de Paul W1PR

Radio Ktwonf

If you are really desperate, why dont you uninstall / or disable  Mcafee and then install Windows Defender.  I have not had any issues with Defender.  Defender is a good package, and putting it on will get you in business while you chase the McAfee issue. 

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:04:27 PM EDT, <w1pr@...> wrote:

Just happened to with McAfee. It let me restore L32 but deleted it again when I tried to start it. Said suspect was something called 6387cc80de0a. I'm using latest version of L32; before this supposed virus turned up it always looked for an update and hasn't found any for at several days. Google search comes up with nothing. DuckDuckGo has a few Russian sites.   Any suggestions?  I'm reluctant to run L32 with antivirus disabled. To have this happen when I'm stuck in the house because of COVID-19 really sucks. TNX de Paul W1PR

Damian M0BKV

I just added EXE V409 to the folder after V410 was deleted and don't do any updates for now. Works fine

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020, 03:29 Radio Ktwonf via Groups.Io <k2nf=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you are really desperate, why dont you uninstall / or disable  Mcafee and then install Windows Defender.  I have not had any issues with Defender.  Defender is a good package, and putting it on will get you in business while you chase the McAfee issue. 

On Sunday, March 22, 2020, 11:04:27 PM EDT, <w1pr@...> wrote:

Phill Morris (G6EES)

SOLUTION

I thought I would check my Logger32 and discovered that McAfee now deletes my copy of Logger32.exe (ver 3.50.410)  each time Logger32 tries to start.

Replacing it makes no difference

This is how I fixed the Logger32 problem (see also the attached PDF file – I hope it gets to you):

I have a version of McAfee that has a different user interface to the ‘normal’ version, so the windows that you see may look different to the screenshots below. So you may have to look for the same function but in a different place in your copy of McAfee.

However, the version I have of McAfee (provided by my broadband supplier) is otherwise exactly the same in operation as the normal commercial product, with the exception of what it looks like to the user.

Good luck

Phill G6EES

________________________.
Phill Morris G6EES
Email phill.morris@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of w1pr@...
Sent: 23 March 2020 03:04

Julian GW4JBQ

McAffee deletes it from the Excluded list as well. I have gone back to v407 until there is a working update

Gerry VE6LB

Don't us McAffee and 4.410 works fine on all 3 of my W1-64 machines. McAffee needs to fix this. Happened a while ago with McAffee.

On 2020-03-23 11:26, Julian GW4JBQ wrote:
McAffee deletes it from the Excluded list as well. I have gone back to v407 until there is a working update

--
73, Gerry VE6LB
ve6lb@...
ve6lb.ve6hams.com