From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On
Behalf Of Alex Dolgosh via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:57 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Logger32 and new Icom IC-7610

I just got a new IC-7610 and am setting it up to replace an older IC-
756PROIII.

I downloaded the IC-7610 drivers from Icom and set up the USB CIV
control per the instructions. The radio changes mode and
frequency when I click on a spot, but doesn’t report manual
changes using the tuning knob. It may be a Logger32 configuration
problem. I don’t see anything obvious.

I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling the Win 10 drivers from
scratch - no change.

The radio debug window shows VFO polling activity and the
frequency change commands. I don’t know if I have a Logger32
configuration problem.

Any suggestions?

Al - K8EUR

John Munton - G7SSE <JOHNG7SSE@...>

Al

In the CI-V menu try setting CI-V USB Echo Back to on.

John
G7SSE

Subj: [hamlogger] Logger32 and new Icom IC-7610

I just got a new IC-7610 and am setting it up to replace an older IC-756PROIII.

I downloaded the IC-7610 drivers from Icom and set up the USB CIV control per the instructions.  The radio changes mode and frequency when I click on a spot, but doesn’t report manual changes using the tuning knob.  It may be a Logger32 configuration problem. I don’t see anything obvious.

I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling the Win 10 drivers from scratch - no change.

The radio debug window shows VFO polling activity and the frequency change commands. I don’t know if I have a Logger32 configuration problem.

Any suggestions?

Al - K8EUR

Alex Dolgosh

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

It is in VFO. Here's what I got in the debug window when clicking on a spot. Any clues?

Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
QSY Marker Set : Cleared
User action : I'm busy, poll reply ignored
Set Radio Freq : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 00 40 07 14 00 FD
Set Radio Mode : FE FE 98 E0 06 01 FD
DX Spot sequence completed : 2 command lines executed in 0.256 seconds. Poll every 150 ms
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
QSY Marker Set : Radio Freq: 14074 QSY Marker: 14074.000
Poll sub VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 01 FD
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
Poll sub VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 01 FD
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD

I clicked on a 14074 MHz spot. The radio changed the band and mode from a 75 meter SSB freq to a 20 meter FT8 freq (upper sideband) in accordance with my band plan. The log entry window reported the freq and mode change and did a QRZ call lookup. Still no activity shown when I manually turn the dial.

Thanks,

Al - K8EUR

Make sure the radio is in VFO and not MEM.

Jim – w5ifp-

I just got a new IC-7610 and am setting it up to replace an older IC-
756PROIII.

I downloaded the IC-7610 drivers from Icom and set up the USB CIV
control per the instructions. The radio changes mode and frequency
when I click on a spot, but doesn’t report manual changes using the
tuning knob. It may be a Logger32 configuration problem. I don’t see
anything obvious.

I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling the Win 10 drivers from
scratch - no change.

The radio debug window shows VFO polling activity and the frequency
change commands. I don’t know if I have a Logger32 configuration
problem.

Any suggestions?

Al - K8EUR

Dave Colliau

Loggfeg 32 rig setup. I dont remember the actual rig settings .
baud 19,200  polling 50
set rts high  address 98
use narrow cw filter
icom has data on off command
icom needs legacy frequency poll
radio changse frequency when mode is changed show vfo offset in rcp panel
enable global capture
 I have more stuff to make the 7610 really work nice . Especially the cat commands for proper qsy and split stuff.
Let me know if you get your going with these settings

Dave N8DC

On Thursday, January 31, 2019, 6:34:45 AM EST, Alex Dolgosh via Groups.Io <al.dolgosh@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

It is in VFO.  Here's what I got in the debug window when clicking on a spot.  Any clues?

Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
QSY Marker Set : Cleared
User action : I'm busy, poll reply ignored
Set Radio Freq : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 00 40 07 14 00 FD
Set Radio Mode : FE FE 98 E0 06 01 FD
DX Spot sequence completed : 2 command lines executed in 0.256 seconds. Poll every 150 ms
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
QSY Marker Set : Radio Freq: 14074  QSY Marker: 14074.000
Poll sub VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 01 FD
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
Poll sub VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 01 FD
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD

I clicked on a 14074 MHz spot.  The radio changed the band and mode from a 75 meter SSB freq to a 20 meter FT8 freq (upper sideband) in accordance with my band plan. The log entry window reported the freq and mode change and did a QRZ call lookup.  Still no activity shown when I manually turn the dial.

Thanks,

Al - K8EUR
Make sure the radio is in VFO and not MEM.

Jim – w5ifp-

Jim Hargrave

Al,
I note the radio does not Reply to the Logger32 Poll command. Check the radio setting for CI-V Transceive. Perhaps it is set to OFF.
I don't have a 7610, so I'm guessing. I believe Dave can get you going, so I'll back out.

Jim – w5ifp-

It is in VFO. Here's what I got in the debug window when clicking on
a spot. Any clues?

Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD
Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
QSY Marker Set : Cleared
User action : I'm busy, poll reply ignored Set Radio Freq : FE FE 98 E0
25 00 00 40 07 14 00 FD Set Radio Mode : FE FE 98 E0 06 01 FD DX
Spot sequence completed : 2 command lines executed in 0.256
seconds. Poll every 150 ms Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
[...]

Yes you might try transcieve on but I cant remember if it needs that or not. I had 2 7610's one of the first ones and then a replacement and I had all kinds of fun till they both started giving me problems. i really had fun CIV commands and the logger 32 RCP.
Keep us posted on your progress.
Once you get it running I will give you some commands to make that rig really shine when qsying and splitting from spots in the spotting window :)
I really should make up a file or something and put it up in the group.
Dave N8DC

On January 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@gvtc.com> wrote:

[...]

In the rig.
CIV baud 19200
CI-V usb port unlink from remote
CI-V usb baud 19200
USB echo back (on)
Dave N8DC

On January 31, 2019 at 12:36 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Dave -

These settings in the radio solved my problems.

CIV baud 19200
CI-V usb port unlink from remote
CI-V usb baud auto
USB echo back (on)

Thanks,

Al - K8EUR

It is in VFO. Here's what I got in the debug window when
clicking on a spot. Any clues?

Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0
26 01 FD Poll Split : FE FE 98 E0 0F FD Poll main VFO : FE FE 98
E0 25 00 FD QSY Marker Set : Cleared User action : I'm busy, poll
reply ignored Set Radio Freq : FE FE 98 E0
25 00 00 40 07 14 00 FD Set Radio Mode : FE FE 98 E0 06 01 FD DX
Spot sequence completed : 2 command lines executed in 0.256
seconds. Poll every 150 ms Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD
QSY Marker Set : Radio Freq: 14074 QSY Marker: 14074.000
Poll sub VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 01 FD Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0
26 00 FD Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD Poll Split : FE FE
98 E0 0F FD Poll main VFO : FE FE 98 E0 25 00 FD Poll sub VFO :
FE FE 98 E0 25 01 FD Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD Poll
[...]

Cool. I will get you the other settings to really make that thing shine .
73
Dave N8DC

On January 31, 2019 at 3:31 PM "Alex Dolgosh via Groups.Io" <al.dolgosh=hamnet.org@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Bob <k4cy@...>

Hopefully someone with one of these radios could/would/should pen a few paragraphs to be added to the help file. SeventyThree(s).

PS. As incentive, we offer free updates and maintenance to anyone who contributes to the documentation.

[...]

I can do that Bob .. who do I send it to. Like I said I have civ commands to make the 7610 really work nice on a qsy with a split . The trick is to set it up in the split commands to make the 2nd vfo do what its supposed to do on a split. Especially since you can listen to both vfo,s at the same time .
I have time next week to do this if it will help out.
I have to get the wife in for some tests tomorrow and busy over the weekend but I am more than willing to lend a hand.
Dave N8DC
ps: Free is worth saving up for ...

On January 31, 2019 at 3:55 PM Bob <k4cy@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Just send it to me Dave. I'll ask one of the regular help authors to reformat it. Thanks, SeventyThree(s).

On January 31, 2019 at 4:08 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@comcast.net> wrote:

[...]

Will do Bob.
73
Dave N8DC