Topics

Logger32 and CAT access for other software

sp7ewl@...

ello everyone
I have been using Logger32 from the very beginning and I value this logger very much. Currently, after changing the radio to FFTX 5000 (previously I used TS590S, which had CAT after RS232 and USB) I have a problem sharing CAT FTDX5000 with several programs. It mainly uses Logger32, WSJT-X (JTDX), and the SDRPlus program - working as a panoramic adapter. All these programs use CAT. With WSJT-X (JTDX) and SDRPlus there is no problem because they can use OmniRig at the same time - unfortunately Logger32 does not have the ability to use OmniRig, you need to disable access to CAT.
Recently I tested the Log4OM v2 login program, which has the ability to use OmniRig and all of the mentioned programs using OmniRig work very well at the same time.
None of my splitters and other programs that let me share COM did not work properly as CAT from my FTDX5500 is connected to RigExpert TI-8 and is on virtual COM.
Below is a screenshot from three monitors showing how it all works with Omnirig.
If you were tempted to adapt Logger32 to use OmniRig it would be great. Old trees are not replanted and that's why I'm looking for such a possibility.

Bob

If Log4OM works for you, I'd recommend you use it. SeventyThree(s).

On January 30, 2020 at 4:16 AM sp7ewl@... wrote:

[...]

Bob, thank you very much for the smartest answer I've ever received

Bob

I saw this on another reflector this morning:  I upgraded my W10 last edition to v.1909, without expecting a great improvement. It is well worth the 3 hours spent. Most processes are much faster : an example : with the previous version, it took 5 seconds to load a QSO into LOG4OM v2 ; now only 1.5 seconds With your recommendation of the ability to connect to LOG4OM to everything hardware and software you have, and this glowing performance report, I might just switch myself. Enjoy. SeventyThree(s).

On February 2, 2020 at 9:24 AM sp7ewl@... wrote:

Bob, thank you very much for the smartest answer I've ever received

Jim Altman

One thing to note is that on feature updates, it often resets the audio parameter on a USB based FT8 setup to 44k instead of the desired 48k.

Setup->System->sound->Sound Control Panel (under related settings)->Recording tab->right click on your USB device for the radio->advanced->48k

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

I saw this on another reflector this morning:  I upgraded my W10 last edition to v.1909, without expecting a great improvement. It is well worth the 3 hours spent. Most processes are much faster : an example : with the previous version, it took 5 seconds to load a QSO into LOG4OM v2 ; now only 1.5 seconds With your recommendation of the ability to connect to LOG4OM to everything hardware and software you have, and this glowing performance report, I might just switch myself. Enjoy. SeventyThree(s).

On February 2, 2020 at 9:24 AM sp7ewl@... wrote:

Bob, thank you very much for the smartest answer I've ever received

sp7ewl@...

It's not about satisfaction with Log4OM. I'm talking about the lack of possibilities in Logger32 with the use of OmniRig, which would allow the simultaneous use of other programs that require connection to CAT radio. Personally, and because of the many years of using Logger32, I prefer this logging program and I wrote only about the possibility of adding functionality to use OmniRig.
I am also using build Windows 10 version 1909

Vy 73