Topics

Log file name modification

Paul - W1PR

I would like to change the file names of my L32 logs. Is this possible? I haven't found anything in the docs.
TNX.
Paul W1PR

Bob

Paul, there is no way to automatically change a logbook name (on purpose). You must export your logbook in ADIF format. Open/create a new/empty logbook, then import the ADIF file. When you are completely satisfied with the new logbook, then delete the old/original one. 73.

On 01/19/2021 12:13 PM Paul - W1PR <w1pr@...> wrote:

I would like to change the file names of my L32 logs. Is this possible? I haven't found anything in the docs.
TNX.
Paul W1PR

Paul - W1PR

Thanks. After I successfully do that, are there any files associated with the old logs that I can safely delete so that the old logs' names won't show up in the select log drop-down?

Bob

Paul, yep, when you're happy with the results, delete the old logbook (something like 24 files), and they're gone forever. 73.

PS. I don't know the exact number of files. The updated database engine dynamically allocates/deallocates temporary files in an effort to ensure optimum response to read requests.

On 01/19/2021 3:34 PM Paul - W1PR <w1pr@...> wrote:

Thanks. After I successfully do that, are there any files associated with the old logs that I can safely delete so that the old logs' names won't show up in the select log drop-down?