Topics

Launching Logger32 from another Program

Jim Ciurczak

I am trying to launch Logger32 from another program (Win4Yaesu) and it works fine. What I would like to be able to do is create a second .ini file or different config of Logger32 then my everyday config. I am able to create a desktop shortcut that will launch the alternate config, called V2. What I can't figure out is how to call up this config from within the other program. I've tried pointing it to the shortcut, adding the V2 extension to the command line but no luck. It keeps saying Invalid Program Name.
Can it be done and am I missing something?

Jim K2QB

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Jim,

It can be done, perhaps there are several ways. Here is one:

Make a text file with the content

C:\Logger32\logger32.exe V2

Save the file file as „logger32v2.bat“ (without the quote marks, hi)

Call the bat file from win4yaesu, not logger32 directly.

Does this work?

73 Villi
TF3VS

I am trying to launch Logger32 from another program (Win4Yaesu) and it works fine. What I would like to be able to do is create a second .ini file or different config of Logger32 then my everyday config. I am able to create a desktop shortcut that will launch the alternate config, called V2. What I can't figure out is how to call up this config from within the other program. I've tried pointing it to the shortcut, adding the V2 extension to the command line but no luck. It keeps saying Invalid Program Name.
Can it be done and am I missing something?

Jim K2QB

Bob

Jim, why not C:\Logger32\Logger32.exe for Win4Yahoo and C:\Logger32\Logger32.exe blahblah when running from the desktop? SeventyThree(s).

On 10/26/2020 9:13 AM Jim Ciurczak <nfjimc@...> wrote:

I am trying to launch Logger32 from another program (Win4Yaesu) and it works fine. What I would like to be able to do is create a second .ini file or different config of Logger32 then my everyday config. I am able to create a desktop shortcut that will launch the alternate config, called V2. What I can't figure out is how to call up this config from within the other program. I've tried pointing it to the shortcut, adding the V2 extension to the command line but no luck. It keeps saying Invalid Program Name.
Can it be done and am I missing something?

Jim K2QB

Jim Ciurczak

Duh.....and that's why you are the man!

Jim K2QB