L32Lookups New Version

Rick Ellison

I have posted a new version of L32Lookups on my website. (www.n2amg.com)

I have tested this version on both Windows 10 and 11 and it loads correctly on my system.

3 errors have been corrected and for the time being I have disabled the HamQTH lookup (Getting a strange XML Error and need to figure it out).

Let me know if you find anything that does not work with it.

Also in the Logger32 setup menu on the AutoLookup menu DO NOT CHECK Open Minimized. The lookup has its own minimizing routines where if you minimize it, The program will will stay minimized until you make it visible again.

73 Rick N2AMG

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Mac Gray

Rick, I previously had added L32lookups to be allowed through my firewall and other than the reported problem with the name not being filled in when logging from WSJT-X or JTDX, it has performed flawlessly for years.  I downloaded this update and when I run the installer a popup window says a newer version is on my computer and shuts down the installation process.   I am running Win 11.
Thanks.

Mac W8LMG

Rick Ellison

Hi Mac..

Uninstall the currently installed version and then re-run the installer.

I have not figured out in the installer how to turn this message off. The latest downloaded one is the latest version with a high version number than the previous..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mac Gray
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2022 7:19 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] L32Lookups New Version

Rick, I previously had added L32lookups to be allowed through my firewall and other than the reported problem with the name not being filled in when logging from WSJT-X or JTDX, it has performed flawlessly for years.  I downloaded this update and when I run the installer a popup window says a newer version is on my computer and shuts down the installation process.   I am running Win 11.
Thanks.

Mac W8LMG

DamianM0BKV

Hi, I received the "already a newer version" message. I automatically decided to remove L32Lookups from within Windows10 settings and the new program installs and works OK. However the updater shows a message that there is an update (is there? Surely I've done it) at the top of the browser which stalls during this installation so I cancel it.
73, Damian

Mac Gray

Thanks Rick. Will respond if there is a problem after this procedure.  Appreciate your response and all the work you do to provide quality software to the amateur community.
Mac Gray W8LMG

Avi 4X1WQ

Thanks Rick,
Installed yesterday and all is working as expected WIN 10 64.
Avi 4X1WQ

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 1:28 PM Mac Gray <w8lmg@...> wrote:
Thanks Rick. Will respond if there is a problem after this procedure.  Appreciate your response and all the work you do to provide quality software to the amateur community.
Mac Gray W8LMG

Rick Ellison

Hi Damien..
Just seeing this message now on Groups.io seems my provider is blocking them for some reason..
This is a new bug that cropped up.
Easiest fix open L32Lookups.ini file look for the line UpdateAvailable=True and change it to say False and save the file..

73 Rick N2AMG