From: "John, G4DRS via groups.io" <g4drs@...>
Sent: 13/05/2020 21:16:21
Subject: [hamlogger] L32LogSync Feature Request (- maybe)

I use Logger32 for day-to-day logging and N1MM for contests. I import the log into Logger32 at the end of each contest. I am aware of the N1MM-Logger32 link utility, but I don't want to run both Logger32 and N1MM simultaneously (it's to do with some other software that is linked to them both...).
Usually, my everyday QSOs get uploaded to LOTW and Clublog, by the L32LogSync utility, as they are entered into Logger32, but, when I import a contest log, I need to create a LOTW file and send it to LOTW, just for those contest QSOs. That works really well, just a single click.
However, I then need to send the same QSOs to Clublog. There is no matching button in the L32LogSync utility, so I have to do it manually.
I wondered whether there could be a 'create file and send to Clublog' button, or even whether the file created for the LOTW upload could be made available for further use (I have looked, but I can't find it).
It's not difficult to do it the way I am, but it would be a nice enhancement.
Unless, of course,I'm doing it wrong, and the solution is already there, right under my nose...:)

Cheers for a great utility, Rick.
Bob, you're off the hook on this one! :)
John
G4DRS

--
73, John - G7SSE

Rick Ellison

John..

I was just going to ask you the same thing as John did. Just upload the N1MM export into Clublog thru Logsync.

Do you manually create the LOTW file to upload to LOTW??

If so why not use Logsync to do that for you. In the LOTW tab of Logsync click the top option (Create LOTW Export file in Logger32) This will query Logger32 to export all of the qso’s you have flagged for sending to LOTW and export them. Then Logsync uploads that file to LOTW.

For realtime uploads the uploading to any service in the program that has realtime uploads checked. Its just hard when you export from Logger32 because the flags are only updated for each service that is being exported.

I have an update coming out but after that is done I will think on how this could be implemented..

73 Rick N2AMG

John, the log that you export from N1MM for import into Logger32, could you not use that file for your upload to Clublog also?

73

John - G7SSE

[...]

John, G4DRS

Thanks, Rick, John.
No, I use the L32LogSync utility to create the file to upload to LOTW. Just a click in the utility and it's done.
That's why I thought it would be nice to be able to use the same file, but click another button to upload it to Clublog.
The suggestion of using the N1MM export file to upload to Clublog is a good one, but, on the days when I enter more than one contest, that would mean remembering to do the Clublog thing every time. The beauty of the utility is that it mops up everything that hasn't been sent to LOTW and packs them up automatically. It just seemed that, since the file must exist, it may be simple to use it for a Clublog click button, too.
It's not terribly onerous to do it the way I already do it, I just thought , if it were a simple mod...

John
G4DRS

Jan

Why don't you use the automatic upload to clublog feature in Logsync?

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 14-5-2020 om 08:43 schreef John, G4DRS via groups.io:
[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

John, G4DRS

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 08:32 AM, Jan wrote:Why don't you use the automatic upload to clublog feature in Logsync?
Jan,
I do, but, if you import an ADIF file from N1MM into Logger32, those QSOs are not automatically sent to Clublog by the L32LogSync utility. At least, they aren't in my setup. That's why I asked the question.

Hope that clarifies things.

John
G4DRS

Jan

Then you have something wrong in your setup for when I import adif files to Logger32 they are allways exported to Clublog.
Did you put a checkmark in the auto uploads QSO's in the clublog tab? (the lowest one when the clublog tab is openend) and do you keep Logsync running all the time?

73
Jan
PA4JJ