Topics

L32logsync doesn't update

Joseph LaFerla

Hi 

I am running logger32 and L32logsync to upload my qso's to LOTW etc.  My L32Logsync version is 2.0.0.9.  My problem is when, in L32Logsync, I click on Info|Download Latest Update, the update fails with a System.Net>WebException and I am unable to update the softwrae.  I suppose I can go to Rick's website and install the new version but is there a way of updating from mine?  Also, if I have to reinstall will I lose all my settings and have to insert them fresh?

Thanks and 73

Joe VA3JLF

Rick Ellison

Joe..

The version you are running is not capable of downloading the latest version you will need to manually download it. But wait for a few days I thought I had enough time to get out an update this past weekend but I was not able to work on things. I am hoping for this weekend..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph LaFerla
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:03 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] L32logsync doesn't update

Hi 

I am running logger32 and L32logsync to upload my qso's to LOTW etc.  My L32Logsync version is 2.0.0.9.  My problem is when, in L32Logsync, I click on Info|Download Latest Update, the update fails with a System.Net>WebException and I am unable to update the softwrae.  I suppose I can go to Rick's website and install the new version but is there a way of updating from mine?  Also, if I have to reinstall will I lose all my settings and have to insert them fresh?

Thanks and 73

Joe VA3JLF

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Joseph LaFerla

OK Rick, thanks.  I will do that.  Will I overwrite all my customizations when I manually update?

Joe VA3JLF

Rick Ellison

Joe..

You shouldn’t.. The .ini file should be left untouched when upgreading…

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph LaFerla
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2020 7:46 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] L32logsync doesn't update

OK Rick, thanks.  I will do that.  Will I overwrite all my customizations when I manually update?

Joe VA3JLF

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Joseph LaFerla

OK thanks. I'll do that later today.

Joe