Topics

L32 v4

Michael Harris

G'day all,

Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?

Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta testing.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

Bob

Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon. SeventyThree(s).

On 12/30/2020 5:31 PM Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris=horizon.co.fk@groups.io> wrote:

G'day all,

Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?

Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta
testing.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

Michael Harris

Well that is sad. Time to come forward then. As I said I'm not a power user, I apply KISS and don't use auto this and auto that. So if a basic, log it, stat it, CW machine/RTTY contest serial number it, UDP wsjt-x it is of any use I'll clear the decks at year end and launch v4 (beta).

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 30/12/2020 19:37, Bob wrote:
Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon. SeventyThree(s).

On 12/30/2020 5:31 PM Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris=horizon.co.fk@groups.io> wrote:

G'day all,

Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?

Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta
testing.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

Jim Cox

Bob, if I can help in any way possible, let me know. I have been staying in the background with Covid, etc. My age (77) and wife with severe heart problems my main concern now.. But happy to test the new version but not a heavy user, mainly just general logging and JTDX here. 73s Jim K4JAF

On 30/12/2020 19:37, Bob wrote:
Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon. SeventyThree(s).

On 12/30/2020 5:31 PM Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris=horizon.co.fk@groups.io> wrote:

G'day all,

Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?

Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta
testing.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

Duncan Fisken

Bob;

< Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon.>

I thought you needed power users with plenty of computer 'nouse' to be beta testers... I am neither, but I am a weekly (and very happ)y user of this excellent application, for both contesting and general logging of one particular monthly activity with a club callsign.

Having been a computer user (but not techie) since the days of the original Apple IIE I know something about how to treat them nicely. N1MM+ is running on a Dell Optiplex with Win 10 and connects to an FTdx101D, mostly for CW use with occasional SSB use. I do not use data modes or RTTY.

Please let me know if you can think I can help.

73,
Duncan, G3WZD

kenfilmer@outlook.com

Bob

As a happy L32 user for some 20 years seeing your email I am now ashamed I did not volunteer to test V4.

Due to my shame I may commit hara kiri later today but if I don’t  I will be happy to test anything that might help. However as you may have noticed from my previous posts I am not very clever with computers, the reason I did not immediately volunteer.

I am however quite active with the radio with L32 logging many contacts each day and lots during contests, CW, SSB RTTY and even mindless FT8 when there is nothing else about.

I await your orders.

Happy New Year!

Ken

G3XPO

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

< Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon.>

I thought you needed power users with plenty of computer 'nouse' to be beta testers... I am neither, but I am a weekly (and very happ)y user of this excellent application, for both contesting and general logging of one particular monthly activity with a club callsign.

Having been a computer user (but not techie) since the days of the original Apple IIE I know something about how to treat them nicely. N1MM+ is running on a Dell Optiplex with Win 10 and connects to an FTdx101D, mostly for CW use with occasional SSB use. I do not use data modes or RTTY.

Please let me know if you can think I can help.

73,
Duncan, G3WZD

Duncan Fisken

Oops.. many humble apologies; I was confusing the groups!! Much embarrassment.....

I am an equally happy L32 user and have been for several years; I use it as my master logging program. Again, please let me know if I can be of help as a beta tester...

73,
Duncan, G3WZD

On 31/12/2020, 08:27, "hamlogger@groups.io on behalf of Duncan Fisken" <hamlogger@groups.io on behalf of duncan.fisken@g3wzd.radio> wrote:

Bob;

< Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon.>

I thought you needed power users with plenty of computer 'nouse' to be beta testers... I am neither, but I am a weekly (and very happ)y user of this excellent application, for both contesting and general logging of one particular monthly activity with a club callsign.

Having been a computer user (but not techie) since the days of the original Apple IIE I know something about how to treat them nicely. N1MM+ is running on a Dell Optiplex with Win 10 and connects to an FTdx101D, mostly for CW use with occasional SSB use. I do not use data modes or RTTY.

Please let me know if you can think I can help.

73,
Duncan, G3WZD

Prasad

Bob,

I can do some testing too - no job now to go to :)

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 4:07 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon. SeventyThree(s).

> On 12/30/2020 5:31 PM Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris=horizon.co.fk@groups.io> wrote:
>

> G'day all,
>
> Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?
>
> Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta
> testing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike VP8NO

Andy M0NKR

Bob,

Happy to be a tester, use logger32 daily, big dxer and contester so happy to put it to the test.

Email me @ m0nkr@...

73
HNY
Andy
M0NKR

On 31 Dec 2020, at 10:30, Prasad <vu2ptt@...> wrote:

Bob,

I can do some testing too - no job now to go to :)

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 4:07 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon. SeventyThree(s).

> On 12/30/2020 5:31 PM Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris=horizon.co.fk@groups.io> wrote:
>

> G'day all,
>
> Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?
>
> Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta
> testing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike VP8NO

IW2LLH

Bob
I'm a happy user from 19... of logger32
Was  my best choise years ago
I use logger at, maybe, 40% of power no RTTY NO cw only radio control and log
But i'm here to test
Thank's Bob for your best work do
Sever
IW2LLH

Il 31/12/2020 11:47, Andy M0NKR via groups.io ha scritto:
Bob,

Happy to be a tester, use logger32 daily, big dxer and contester so happy to put it to the test.

Email me @ m0nkr@...

73
HNY
Andy
M0NKR

On 31 Dec 2020, at 10:30, Prasad <vu2ptt@...> wrote:

Bob,

I can do some testing too - no job now to go to :)

73 de Prasad VU2PTT

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 4:07 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
Mike, given the disappointingly very low number of volunteers to test a soft release, don't hold your breath for a full release any time soon. SeventyThree(s).

> On 12/30/2020 5:31 PM Michael Harris via groups.io <mike.harris=horizon.co.fk@groups.io> wrote:
>

> G'day all,
>
> Dare I ask how close are we to the v4 roll out?
>
> Not being a "power user" I didn't think I could offer much to the beta
> testing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike VP8NO

Alessandro I2SVA

Hi Bob,

I use Logger32 since almost 20 years;

having tried different logging programs over time, I always went back to Logger32, where I have more than 130k QSO logged.

If you need support I can easily test v4, starting Jan 5 when I am back home. Please let me know.

Thanks, best 73 and an HNY 2021 (hopefully much better than 2020..).

Alessandro i2sva

Larry Fravel

Bob -

Not a power user by any stretch of the imagination but I do use logger32 for all my logging activities. CW, FT8 , and SSB.  Also log DX for our club call with a second log book set up. Set up for all auto updates from logger and Club Log and linked to LOtW. Do not control rotors and other pieces of hardware other than my IC-7600, If I can help let me know.

73 & HNY  (even the one you celebrate!)

Larry K8YYY

--
Today is a good day to have a GREAT Day!

Luis EA5L

Good morning in the new year
I have been an L32 user at the user level for about 3 years, L32 is one of the fundamental elements of my station, I use the rotor, the cw machine and I have registered 85k qso in my logbook.
In what can help in this new version I am at your disposal.
Luis
EA5L

Paul Evans W4/VP9KF

From PDF help:

• The Logger32 version 4 upgrade zip file: download it from https://www.logger32.net/

Doesn't work. No file present. It'll be a VERY soft rollout at this rate..... please provide a link.

Prasad

Paul,

I believe this is text for the future when L32 is released on the website. No v4 files are yet posted on the site.

Right now access to v4 is only for those joining the beta test group.

73

Prasad VU2PTT
Webmaster, Logger32.net

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 at 6:12 PM, Paul Evans W4/VP9KF <paul@...> wrote:
From PDF help:

• The Logger32 version 4 upgrade zip file: download it from https://www.logger32.net/

Doesn't work. No file present. It'll be a VERY soft rollout at this rate.....   please provide a link.

--

73 de Prasad VU2PTT, W2PTT (ex-AF6DV)

ARSI, ARRL, FOC, CWOPS, IFROAR, MARC
NCDXF, INDEXA, SCCC, EUPSK, IOTA-200
ARRL DXCC Checkpoint
CQ Awards Checkpoint
Coordinator - VU Contest Group www.vucg.in
Webmaster - Logger32 www.logger32.net

Paul Evans W4/VP9KF

Sri. Pse provide info on hw to join the beta group...... HNY, etc. It'd better be better than 2020.

Prasad

L32Beta@groups.io | Home

73 de Prasad VU2PTT,

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 6:47 PM Paul Evans W4/VP9KF <paul@...> wrote:
Sri. Pse provide info on hw to join the beta group...... HNY, etc. It'd better be better than 2020.

Bob

The file will be there after the public release. SeventyThree(s).

On 01/01/2021 7:42 AM Paul Evans W4/VP9KF <paul@hintlink.com> wrote:

From PDF help:

• The Logger32 version 4 upgrade zip file: download it from https://www.logger32.net/

Doesn't work. No file present. It'll be a VERY soft rollout at this rate..... please provide a link.

Gary Hinson

Hi there Paul, HNY mate.

Yes, that link is awaiting the full release. I plan to update it to point to the actual v4 installer, once it is released.

Meanwhile, there is only a limited v4 release for beta testers and pilots.

Are you desperate to join the beta/pilot crew?

73
Gary ZL2iFB

Doesn't work. No file present. It'll be a VERY soft rollout at this rate..... please provide a link.