Topics

L32 Shorcut and exe gone missing

lyonesse5k

This mornings Win10 boot up L32 Desktop Shortcut missing.
L32 exe missing from folder.
Using Microsoft security and Malwarebytes cant see any sign of Logger32 in quarantined files.
Win 10 update 2020-05 installed at this mornings boot.
Are the two connected I wonder.
Also my Restore to previous date option is not available although it is normally turned on.
Given no quarantine file is found how can I restore L32 exe with minimum disruption please.

John G3XRJ

lyonesse5k

OK sorry - I see this has already been answered previously.
Seems I also live under a rock !
But one interesting point is that for anybody running Malwarebytes -
You have to turn off Malwarebytes before you see the quarantine notice from Windows Security.
73

John G3XRJ

Karl Beckman

Both Microsoft and Malwarebytes recommend  NOT running multiple installations of online auto-virus checking software at the same time. Instead they suggest disabling one or the other and manually running that package periodically as a "post-possible-infection" diagnostic.  No need to have several software utility packages all trying to disable the same download target, especially when it is a known and reported false positive.  If you don't trust either package to do their assigned job properly, why would you trust BOTH ikn tandem??
--
Karl  WA8NVW  OH
in hamlogger@groups.io

Gerald Boutin

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 01:05 PM, Karl Beckman wrote:
Both Microsoft and Malwarebytes recommend  NOT running multiple installations of online auto-virus checking software at the same time. Instead they suggest disabling one or the other and manually running that package periodically as a "post-possible-infection" diagnostic.  No need to have several software utility packages all trying to disable the same download target, especially when it is a known and reported false positive.  If you don't trust either package to do their assigned job properly, why would you trust BOTH ikn tandem??
--
Karl  WA8NVW  OH
in hamlogger@groups.io
Belt and suspenders. If one misses, might get it with the other. A false positive should be less of a concern than a missed virus.

--
Gerald, VE1DT