Topics

L32 and SDR Console

Jim Cox

Well spoke too soon Bob.. Now getting this one the slave port debug screen “I’m busy, poll reply ignored”   Jim

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:28 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: 4RE: [hamlogger] L32 and SDR Console

Rick, it's already working, guess I already coded for it. When Logger32 relinquishes radio control to WSJT/JTDX, Logger32 takes the WSJT/JTDX frequency from the UDP StatusOut message constructs a set frequency/mode message in the appropriate slave radio format and sends it. So, your ultra high def eye candy machine should still follow the radio as you snag those rare and exotic 77 byte (or whatever they are) QSOs. Give it a whirl. The attached picture is what was sent to the slave when I changed JTDX from FT8 to FT4 (no Logger32 CAT control connected). SeventyThree(s).

On February 13, 2020 at 11:46 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

I'm investigating a fix for that ... Take the Frequency sent over the UDP, generate/format a CAT frequency command message and send it to the slave port ... 73.
On February 13, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

I just don’t use SDRC if I am going to do WSJT. Since Logger32 closes the CAT port to WSJT the information would not be sent over to SDRC or SDRUno.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:00 AM

... now how do you handle WSJT/JTDX into the mix? SeventyThree(s).

On February 13, 2020 at 2:14 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck..

Sorry for not responding sooner I had to set things back up so I could get the settings for you as I haven’t turned on my radio in about a month..

I’m using a 7300 and one virtual serial port.

1.       Open VSPE and create one virtual port in VSPE its called a connector. This is set to COM13.

2.       Load Logger32. In Logger32 I have the 7300 connected and Logger32 has full radio control over the radio

3.       Click on setup and then go to the radio setup window and select Slave Configuration. This is how my slave window is setup.

Note that I have COM13 the VSPE port set as the com port.

4.       Now open SDR Console and open up the options. In the options window you will want to click on Controllers and then CAT then port selection. Your Virtual port should be shown in the listing of ports available select it by placing a checkmark in the box. (If you want to make sure things are working correctly you can open the I/O Monitor and you should see the radio commands going by if they are connected.

After closing the options window the frequency in SDRC’s frequency display should show that of your radio in Logger32. This is a two-way connection. If you change the frequency in Logger32 the frequency should update in SDRC. If you change the frequency or mode in SDRC then Logger32 should update also.

Here is an image of my using SDRC within Logger32. I have an SDR-Play RSP1 connected to my computer that SDRC is getting its information from..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Miller
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 4:35 PM
Subject: [hamlogger] L32 and SDR Console

How do I get L32 and SDR Console to talk to my FT-1000mp Mk V Field?
Logger32 does not work with Omnirig, but SDR Console seems to require it. SDR Console says use TS-2000 protocol, but logger32 does not have a selection for the TS-2000. Tried using VSPE, but no joy.

73, Chuck
N0NC

Bob <k4cy@...>

That's correct ... Both radios can set the frequency/mode ... As a precaution, after one radio has sent a command to the other, it ignores the next incoming message ... becaue it might have been sent before the command was issued if that was the case, then all hell would break loose and the radios would jump from one freq/mode to the other endlessly ... 73.

On February 13, 2020 at 1:54 PM Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

Well spoke too soon Bob.. Now getting this one the slave port debug screen “I’m busy, poll reply ignored”   Jim

Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 11:28 AM

Rick, it's already working, guess I already coded for it. When Logger32 relinquishes radio control to WSJT/JTDX, Logger32 takes the WSJT/JTDX frequency from the UDP StatusOut message constructs a set frequency/mode message in the appropriate slave radio format and sends it. So, your ultra high def eye candy machine should still follow the radio as you snag those rare and exotic 77 byte (or whatever they are) QSOs. Give it a whirl. The attached picture is what was sent to the slave when I changed JTDX from FT8 to FT4 (no Logger32 CAT control connected). SeventyThree(s).

On February 13, 2020 at 11:46 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

I'm investigating a fix for that ... Take the Frequency sent over the UDP, generate/format a CAT frequency command message and send it to the slave port ... 73.
On February 13, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

I just don’t use SDRC if I am going to do WSJT. Since Logger32 closes the CAT port to WSJT the information would not be sent over to SDRC or SDRUno.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:00 AM

... now how do you handle WSJT/JTDX into the mix? SeventyThree(s).

On February 13, 2020 at 2:14 AM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck..

Sorry for not responding sooner I had to set things back up so I could get the settings for you as I haven’t turned on my radio in about a month..

I’m using a 7300 and one virtual serial port.

1.       Open VSPE and create one virtual port in VSPE its called a connector. This is set to COM13.

2.       Load Logger32. In Logger32 I have the 7300 connected and Logger32 has full radio control over the radio

3.       Click on setup and then go to the radio setup window and select Slave Configuration. This is how my slave window is setup.

Note that I have COM13 the VSPE port set as the com port.

4.       Now open SDR Console and open up the options. In the options window you will want to click on Controllers and then CAT then port selection. Your Virtual port should be shown in the listing of ports available select it by placing a checkmark in the box. (If you want to make sure things are working correctly you can open the I/O Monitor and you should see the radio commands going by if they are connected.

After closing the options window the frequency in SDRC’s frequency display should show that of your radio in Logger32. This is a two-way connection. If you change the frequency in Logger32 the frequency should update in SDRC. If you change the frequency or mode in SDRC then Logger32 should update also.

Here is an image of my using SDRC within Logger32. I have an SDR-Play RSP1 connected to my computer that SDRC is getting its information from..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Miller
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 4:35 PM
Subject: [hamlogger] L32 and SDR Console

How do I get L32 and SDR Console to talk to my FT-1000mp Mk V Field?
Logger32 does not work with Omnirig, but SDR Console seems to require it. SDR Console says use TS-2000 protocol, but logger32 does not have a selection for the TS-2000. Tried using VSPE, but no joy.

73, Chuck
N0NC