Kudos for Logger32 Help Manual

Clark WU4B

My virtual tip-o-the-hat to the team that has written the L32 Help Manual.  What a resource!

I've been a L32 user for many years with no problems and am probably a mere 30% of it's features user.  When upgrading to V4 (again no problems) I started through the manual section by section and have been having fun learning new features, changing colors, rearranging the desktop, and the like.  Next topic to master:  Chapter 15 UDP/FTDX connection.  I have found the manual extremely well written and easy to understand.

Well done, team!
--
73,

Clark
WU4B

Gary Hinson

Thank you very much Clark, our pleasure.

It’s a tech manual, hardly a page-turner novel, but yes there are lots of cookies accumulated over many years and distributed liberally throughout.

If, like me, you struggled with the search function in the v3.5 Help, you will hopefully appreciate Acrobat’s <Ctrl+F> Find function, along with the consistent terminology, refined document structure, contents listing and myriad hyperlinks.  I don’t know instantly where everything is … but I can get there much more easily now.

On the downside, it is 750+ pages and 20 Mb, quite a beast to download, read and maintain.   I’d quite like to split it into sections that we can update and users can download separately, but I’m very wary of breaking all those internal hyperlinks so painstakingly added.  If anyone out there is a whizz with Microsoft Word’s compound document feature, or can show (ideally help!) me divide up the manual in some other workable fashion, please get in touch.