Topics

Kenwood computer/radio interface connections... RTS CTS??

Michael Tondee <king_arthur@...>

Hi,
Thanks to all who answered my earlier post about interfaces. One more question though, the pinout on Kenwood radio's provides for RTS and CTS lines but the logger docs say these are optional connections. Is there any advantage to using these with logger? How about disadvantages to omitting them?
Thanks, 73
Michael W4HIJ

Gregg's Mail <gah@...>

I am sorry to inform you that Gregg Houck suffered a massive heart attack on
6/28/00 and passed away.

I am Jim Hoffman, one of Gregg's friends, his employer, and a fellow Amateur
(KA3HQR).

If you have furthur inquires, e-mail me jimh@...

Sincerely,
Jim

Thanks to all who answered my earlier post about interfaces. One more
question though, the pinout on Kenwood radio's provides for RTS and CTS
lines but the logger docs say these are optional connections. Is there any
advantage to using these with logger? How about disadvantages to omitting
them?
Thanks, 73
Michael W4HIJ

Visit these sites for logger and other downloads:
http://www.itis.net/golist/ and...
http://www.chroniclenetworks.com/~dwm/Logger.htm