Topics

JTDX on top? Just the first time opened...

Lorenz Graßl

Hi from Landshut,

did anyone of you experience this with UDP-bandmap and JTDX?

My setup is:
Logger32 starts up with a specified "Digi-configuration" like "C:\Logger32.exe Digi", opens up the UDP bandmap, in the "Start-menue" there´s JTDX with two configurations (--rig-name=RIG1  and   --rig-name=RIG2), the checkbox "open JTDX 'on top'" is checked.

After configuring that all I clicked "Start" in the UDP-Bandmap and selected one of the configurations. Everything opened up like expected.
JTDX was 'on top' and within the "Start-menue" of the UDP-bandmap the selected cofiguration was checked.
Then I clicked "Start" again and selected the other configuration which I have prepared from the UDP-bandmap. Vóilá, the previously selected JTDX-config closed down and the second one opened up. Also as expected, on top, the selected configuration was checked in the "Start-menu".

I was very happy with that but my happyness lasted not very long.

After closing logger and launching everything again after a few minutes - I still could open the configurations for RIG 1 or RIG2 from the UDP-start-menue BUT: in both configs it didn´t open up JTDX 'on top' and also the "checkmark" in the start-menue was not there. Something somehow has changed and the behaviour which I experienced at my first attempt opening up JTDX never came back, even though I restarted my computer.

Does anybody know what refrains 'on top' from working properly?

73 de Lenz
DL8RDL

Bob

Lenz, here's how it works ...

After Logger32 starts JTDX it waits 10 seconds for JTDX to get up and running. Then Logger32 looks at all the open windows on the screen on by one until it finds the JTDX window. Logger now knows the handle of the window and can send messages to JTDX (these are low level Windows messages, not UDP messages like turn the TX on/off).

Logger32 now does three things:

1) Sends an on-top message to JTDX
2) Turns off the X and maximize/minimize buttons at the top right of the JTDX Window
3) Changes the caption of the JTDX Window to be JTDX & Logger32 (on-top). On-top is only if the on-top command was sent.

What JTDX does, is not for me to say. But each of the three commands Logger32 sends to JTDX can be confirmed by looking at the JTDX Window. Look at the X is it enabled/disabled? Look at the caption, did it change? Does the caption say (on-top). SeventyThree(s).