Topics

Interface for Rotor-Control

dl5dsh@...

Hello,

is there anybody who has a circuit-diagramm for building an interface to control a Rotor by Logger Ver 7.05 ?

There is only the COM-Port option in the menu available, but the most interfaces are designed for the parallel-Port. So i'am looking for a design the usese Com-Ports...

Any suggestions ??

Many thanks for answer

73 de Dirk

Bert Rathkamp <rathkamp@...>

Your request has many variables.

I know this was not much help. I do not know anyone that has built an
interface.

It looks like Logger com port interface only works with optional software
and hardware using either Yeasu or M2 rotators. As far as I know these are
the only two manufactures that offer a RS232 interfaces with their rotators.
There are several computer bus cards available but are not intergal to the
Logger software system. The third possible option would be to ask the
writer of Logger to supply source code for his program for possible
interface to a PIC processor, RS232 interface, that could operate any
rotator via relays and feed back positioning device. There is quit a bit of
information on how to build interfaces using PIC processors on the web and
quit a few kits available all found on the internet, but you still need
software information from Logger.

M2 has the strongest rotator from an engineering stand point and can be seen
at http://www.m2inc.com/

is there anybody who has a circuit-diagramm for building an interface to
control a Rotor by Logger Ver 7.05 ?

There is only the COM-Port option in the menu available, but the most
interfaces are designed for the parallel-Port. So i'am looking for a design
the usese Com-Ports...

Any suggestions ??

Many thanks for answer

73 de Dirk

Visit these sites for logger and other downloads:
http://www.itis.net/golist/ and...
http://www.chroniclenetworks.com/~dwm/Logger.htm