Topics

infected or NOT

HB9DDS

Edited

Logger32.exe has a problem:

Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

affected Items: file: C:\Users\hb9dds\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Logger32.lnk

file: C:\Users\hb9dds\Documents\AFU\LOG\HB9DDS\Logger32.exe

Windows 10
Windows Defender

Jan

Here we go again

73
Jan PA4JJ

Op 17-6-2020 om 21:14 schreef HB9DDS:
Logger32.exe has a problem:

Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

affected Items: file: C:\Users\hb9dds\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Logger32.lnk

file: C:\Users\hb9dds\Documents\AFU\LOG\HB9DDS\Logger32.exe

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

G4RRM Pete

Pete

G4RRM

affected Items: file: C:\Users\hb9dds\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Logger32.lnk

file: C:\Users\hb9dds\Documents\AFU\LOG\HB9DDS\Logger32.exe

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Bob

Logger32 does not have a virus. This is a false positive. Try this:

Step 1 - Take a deep breath, don't panic. There's a dozen ways we can undo this ...

Open the Windows security center.  Click on Virus & threat protection. Scroll down to Protection history in blue. Click on it. There you see a list of files that are considered threats. If there is more than one, click on each one until you find Logger32.exe. At the bottom of the description is a button Action. Click on it. Now click Restore. With a little luck, Logger32 has magically returned.

Now you're half way done. To make sure Windows doesn't play games again, do this. Open the Windows Security Center. Click on Virus & threat protection. Scroll down to Manage settings in blue. Scroll down to Exclusions. Below this is Add or remove exclusions in blue. Click on it. Move the mouse over Add an exclusion. Click the menu item Folder. Navigate to the \Logger32 folder. Click Select folder. Now you see \Logger32 under Add an exclusion. All done. SeventyThree(s).

On June 17, 2020 at 3:14 PM HB9DDS <hb9dds@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Logger32.exe has a problem:

Trojan:Win32/Azden.B!cl

affected Items: file: C:\Users\hb9dds\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\Logger32.lnk

file: C:\Users\hb9dds\Documents\AFU\LOG\HB9DDS\Logger32.exe

Windows 10
Windows Defender

Damian M0BKV

I know I keep posting this but when making logger32.exe an exclusion in the virus checker it has to be from the version in use or intended to be used not from an older version

Dave Colliau

If its the MS virus junk they just updated and it seems they think Bob is infecting everyone.
The very reason I dont use their junk. I think the exception needs to be point to C:\logger32\logger32.exe
Dave N8DC

On June 17, 2020 at 5:21 PM "Damian M0BKV via groups.io" <damianm0bkv@...> wrote:

I know I keep posting this but when making logger32.exe an exclusion in the virus checker it has to be from the version in use or intended to be used not from an older version

Michael Harris

Making the whole Logger32 folder an exclusion resolves this issue presumably because that is what I have done and Defender ignores it. I had previously done the same in MS Security Essentials.

I passed Logger32.exe (v418) to VirusTotal to have a sniff. Out of 74 AV tools including all the big players only two coughed. One of them was Microsoft.

FWIW. I recently installed Win10/64 Pro version 1909 over Win7/64 Pro. The Win10 installation scooped up all my applications and documents and everything continued to run as before, no change to audio settings, Com ports or anything else as far as I have been able to tell. I recently updated the v1909 to v2004 and still the sky didn't fall down.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO