Import problem

Jack Weber

I have imported around 7000 QSO records into Logger 32 and it’s all working well, but there’s one thing I can’t work out how to do.

Over the years I have used various rigs and antennas and I want to be able to keep a record of which equipment I was using for each QSO. All the information is in my old database but I cannot see how to import it into Logger32 either into pre-defined fields or into User Fields.

MY_RIG is an official ADIF field but it doesn’t seem to be supported by Logger 32. User Fields would be an obvious alternative but it doesn’t seem possible to import data into them.

Can anyone offer some advice? Entering the data manually for 7000 records is not an option.

Thanks,

Jack

M0GKC

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

DR Jack,
this should be possible, but it might depend on how your data is formatted now.
The the correct names of the User fields in Logger32 is as follows:
APP_LOGGER32_USER_1, etc. Have you tried that as the import field name?
In your logbook you should then be able to rename the field headers to what ever you like for display, but the background names are fixed.
73 es gl,
Villi
TF3VS

On 2021-04-14 19:13, Jack Weber via groups.io wrote:
I have imported around 7000 QSO records into Logger 32 and it's all
working well, but there's one thing I can't work out how to do.
Over the years I have used various rigs and antennas and I want to be
able to keep a record of which equipment I was using for each QSO. All
the information is in my old database but I cannot see how to import
it into Logger32 either into pre-defined fields or into User Fields.
MY_RIG is an official ADIF field but it doesn't seem to be supported
by Logger 32. User Fields would be an obvious alternative but it
doesn't seem possible to import data into them.
Can anyone offer some advice? Entering the data manually for 7000
records is not an option.
Thanks,
Jack
M0GKC
Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/83515
[2] https://groups.io/mt/82100360/385597
[3] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post
[4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/385597
[5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/2905297/385597/376379069/xyzzy

Jack Weber

Thank you very much for your help, Villi. That has solved my problem perfectly. I was trying to import into just USER_1. I have now done a small import with the correct field names and the data is all there so I shall go back and start again with all the old QSOs. Perfect.

73,

Jack
M0GKC

On 2021-04-14 19:13, Jack Weber via groups.io wrote:
[...]

n5kd

Jack,

I’d suggest you use the COMMENT field for your rig.

The reason is that Logger32 can auto fill a COMMENT field based on whether you are using Radio1 or Radio2 going forward.
Right click in logbook entry window | Setup | Setup User Fields | Setup Comments – there you can see comments for each radio.
I have K3 and IC7300 in my two boxes.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

Thank you very much for your help, Villi. That has solved my problem perfectly. I was trying to import into just USER_1. I have now done a small import with the correct field names and the data is all there so I shall go back and start again with all the old QSOs. Perfect.

73,

Jack

M0GKC

> On 14 Apr 2021, at 20:52, Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson <vilhj@...> wrote:

> DR Jack,

> this should be possible, but it might depend on how your data is formatted now.

> The the correct names of the User fields in Logger32 is as follows:

> APP_LOGGER32_USER_1, etc. Have you tried that as the import field name?

> In your logbook you should then be able to rename the field headers to what ever you like for display, but the background names are fixed.

> 73 es gl,

> Villi

> TF3VS

> On 2021-04-14 19:13, Jack Weber via groups.io wrote:

>> I have imported around 7000 QSO records into Logger 32 and it's all

>> working well, but there's one thing I can't work out how to do.

>> Over the years I have used various rigs and antennas and I want to be

>> able to keep a record of which equipment I was using for each QSO. All

>> the information is in my old database but I cannot see how to import

>> it into Logger32 either into pre-defined fields or into User Fields.

>> MY_RIG is an official ADIF field but it doesn't seem to be supported

>> by Logger 32. User Fields would be an obvious alternative but it

>> doesn't seem possible to import data into them.

>> Can anyone offer some advice? Entering the data manually for 7000

>> records is not an option.

>> Thanks,

>> Jack

>> M0GKC

>> Links:

>> ------

>> [1] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/83515

>> [2] https://groups.io/mt/82100360/385597

>> [3] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post

>> [4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/385597

>> [5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/2905297/385597/376379069/xyzzy

Jack Weber

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that suggestion. Auto fill is certainly something I would want. I think in my case setting the User fields to auto fill may work well enough as I don’t have more than one rig so shouldn’t need to make use of Radio 1 and Radio 2. In the past when I’ve upgraded I have generally replaced the old rig with the new one straight away, with maybe just a very short overlap. I’m still playing around with all this and trying to find the best way of using Logger32 for me. Will I need two rigs in the future? It’s tempting but I’m not sure.

73,

Jack

M0GKC