iCom 7610 and CW settings?

Brendan McNeill

Good evening,

I’m attempting to set up my iCOM 7610 to work with software CW Machine from within Logger32.  I just want to use Software only, no manual key.

Can anyone confirm the Logger32 settings and the appropriate iCom settings?

Many thanks
Brendan

--------------//----------------
brendan@...
+64 21 881 883

John Munton - G7SSE

Hi Brendan

Although I don't use CW the following is what I have got set up and working; (images below)

Do be aware that the serial port number you use in the CW Machine will be different to mine in the screenshots.

However the port number you need to use should be the higher numbered of the two ports (Silicon Labs CP210x USB-to-UART bridge) that appeared in Windows Device Manager when the radio was installed.
Icom refer to these two Com Ports (somewhat confusingly) as "A" and "B"

Hope some of this is helpful and sorry if I've touch on stuff you already know.

73, John - G7SSE

Gary Hinson

Thanks John,

I’ll be updating the IC-7610 section of the User Manual like this:

I notice the example radio configuration image (from Aki, I think) has Radio = Icom-7800.  I’d have thought the Icom-7600 would be closer but maybe I’m wrong.

Although I don't use CW the following is what I have got set up and working; (images below)

Do be aware that the serial port number you use in the CW Machine will be different to mine in the screenshots.

However the port number you need to use should be the higher numbered of the two ports (Silicon Labs CP210x USB-to-UART bridge) that appeared in Windows Device Manager when the radio was installed.
Icom refer to these two Com Ports (somewhat confusingly) as "A" and "B"

Hope some of this is helpful and sorry if I've touch on stuff you already know.

73, John - G7SSE

John Munton - G7SSE

Looks good Gary 👍

I think Aki got that from me! I went with the IC-7800 as being true dual receivers (unlike the 7600) I thought it the closest option to the IC-7610.

There's some stuff in the group files section, under IC-7610, if you've not seen it;

Ps. I have not forgotten about some Logger32 videos, sounds lame but just have not had the (quiet) time to look into it further yet.

Plus, I have the perfect face for radio and the perfect voice for FT8 😂

73
John - G7SSE

--
73, John - G7SSE

Larry Fravel

Will these setting work for the IC-7600 as well? Asking for a friend. 😁

Larry K8YYY

--
"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." C. S. Lewis

Brendan McNeill

Thank you to John and Gary and to everyone else who responded.

Very helpful.

73’s

Brendan
ZL3BAM

On 9/04/2021, at 7:15 AM, John Munton - G7SSE <johng7sse@...> wrote:

[...]

73, John - G7SSE<image008.jpg><image002.jpg><image003.jpg><image007.jpg><image004.jpg>

brendan@...
+64 21 881 883

John Munton - G7SSE

As I seem to remember Larry the IC-7600 does not support CW keying over it's USB connection.

I therefore think an additional cable is required from the PC to the rear key jack on the 7600.

Something like; USB CW morse code keying cable with opto-isolator - TechnoFix UK
--
73, John - G7SSE