Ic 7300 - unable to connect

Kev Haworth

Hello and thank you for any help or advice.

I’ve returned to the hobby recently and purchased an Icom 7300.

logger 32 was my program of choice when I was last qrv and I downloaded it to use with this radio.

For the life of me I cannot get L32 to connect, N1MM+ Connected straight away so I know it isn’t a radio issue.

I have tried for about an hour to connect with L32 and cannot fathom out what to do. I have the hex as 94, polling 1000ms no DTR or RTS set, baud 9600 etc.. would someone help me get L32 connected, please?

kind regards

Kev, M0TNX

ja1nlx

Kev

Check baud in ic7300 menu.  Baud in Logger32 should be same value.

73 de aki
JA1NLX

------ Original message ------
Date: 2021/03/27 6:25:45
Subject [hamlogger] Ic 7300 - unable to connect

logger 32 was my program of choice when I was last qrv and I downloaded it to use with this radio.

For the life of me I cannot get L32 to connect, N1MM+ Connected straight away so I know it isn’t a radio issue.

I have tried for about an hour to connect with L32 and cannot fathom out what to do. I have the hex as 94, polling 1000ms no DTR or RTS set, baud 9600 etc.. would someone help me get L32 connected, please?

kind regards

Kev, M0TNX

Julian GW4JBQ

Just a thought Kevin, the 7300 is quite easy to connect in L32 but you have configured it in Radio1, have you enabled Radio1 by right-click Radio1 on the bottom status line it should go blue in colour. If it's Red then its not enabled.
Julian GW4JBQ

n5kd

Kev,

9600 baud sounds awfully slow. As Aki says it should match the radio. Mine is 19200, which I think was default.
Do your Logger32 settings match N1MM?
I assume you closed N1MM before starting Logger32?

Logger32 v3 set radio as Icom.  V4 has IC7300 as a radio.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 21:32
To: hamlogger
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Ic 7300 - unable to connect

Kev

Check baud in ic7300 menu.  Baud in Logger32 should be same value.

73 de aki

JA1NLX

------ Original message ------

Date: 2021/03/27 6:25:45

Subject [hamlogger] Ic 7300 - unable to connect

kind regards

Kev, M0TNX

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Stefano Zoli - Alice mail -

IC-7610…CAT setup definition…

Inviato da Posta per Windows 10

Also request new solution sinergy from ICOM RTX

Yaesu is mutch assisted..

How much you will stilln to have  a IC-7610 selectable and use decently advanced functions like SPLIT and Radio control panel ? Many issue on use clone configuration some lacune on double comunications true VFO-A àßVFO-B.

Thank you   

Da: Julian GW4JBQ
Inviato: venerdì 26 marzo 2021 22:40
A: hamlogger@groups.io
Oggetto: Re: [hamlogger] Ic 7300 - unable to connect

Just a thought Kevin, the 7300 is quite easy to connect in L32 but you have configured it in Radio1, have you enabled Radio1 by right-click Radio1 on the bottom status line it should go blue in colour. If it's Red then its not enabled.

Julian GW4JBQ

Kev Haworth

Good morning all.

Thank you for the help so far - Aki/Pete I have changed the baud on the radio and in Device Manager/L32 to 19200, no difference. Julian, yes, it's in blue, correct com port selected, again, I've confirmed this in Device Manager on the laptop.

I've also tried changing radio from IC7300 to purely Icom.

Your comments and help are very much appreciated, thank you.

Jan

Pete

This is my setup.

Jan
PA4JJ

Op 27-3-2021 om 10:56 schreef Kev Haworth:
Good morning all.

Thank you for the help so far - Aki/Pete I have changed the baud on the radio and in Device Manager/L32 to 19200, no difference. Julian, yes, it's in blue, correct com port selected, again, I've confirmed this in Device Manager on the laptop.

-- 

NICK K. PLUMIDAKIS

Dear Kev Hi.

This is my setup , and it is working 100/100

Best 73’s

DE

Nick

SV1VS

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kev Haworth
Sent: Saturday, 27 March, 2021 11:56
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Ic 7300 - unable to connect

Good morning all.

Mike

In menu of 7300: Echo ON, and Unlink from remote.
Mike

Kev Haworth

Firstly . Thank you to each and every one of you who has replied either through the group or in private.

Your input was very welcome.

I can now connect! I had recently completed a Windows update and after that had installed, all went well.

Now to get my head round working a log again..

Thanks 

Kev

Julian GW4JBQ

Glad your up and running Kev.