Topics

IC7610 is not changing modes

Chuck Kraly K0XM

When I click on a spot from the cluster windows, the radio moves in frequency but the mode does not change.Here is the output of the debug window:
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Mode poll Rx : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD FE FE E0 98 26 00 00 00 02 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Any ideas? This is either direct on the com port which is USB, or via Omni-rig
Chuck K0XM

Dave Colliau

There is a couple ways to do this. I had mine set in the RCP and setup dx spot macros but it should change modes from the band plan if everything is set up properly. And there are commands in the radio setup . I dont have a 7610 any longer but I do I think have the macros stuck away. I will look . Make sure your bands and modes are set up in logger 32 first.
Dave N8DC

On January 8, 2020 at 4:56 PM Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

When I click on a spot from the cluster windows, the radio moves in frequency but the mode does not change.Here is the output of the debug window:
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Mode poll Rx : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD FE FE E0 98 26 00 00 00 02 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Any ideas? This is either direct on the com port which is USB, or via Omni-rig
Chuck K0XM

Bob

I see lotsa poll messages to the radio, but not a single reply from the radio. Reminds me of conversations with my XYL - One way conversations. SeventyThree(s).

On January 8, 2020 at 4:56 PM Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

When I click on a spot from the cluster windows, the radio moves in frequency but the mode does not change.Here is the output of the debug window:
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Mode poll Rx : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD FE FE E0 98 26 00 00 00 02 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Any ideas? This is either direct on the com port which is USB, or via Omni-rig
Chuck K0XM

Bob

I see this:

This doesn't look Kosher, Haram, or Halal to me (maybe its Vegan, I wouldn't know). It looks like two messages 1) FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD and 2) FE FE E0 98 26 00 00 00 02 FD all joined together. As you haven't mention if this ever worked, if its a new radio, or what your configuration parameters are, I can only make a SWAG - Try cranking the poll interval down to something like 200ms as an experiment. SeventyThree(s).

On January 8, 2020 at 4:56 PM Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

When I click on a spot from the cluster windows, the radio moves in frequency but the mode does not change.Here is the output of the debug window:
Poll main mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD
Mode poll Rx : FE FE 98 E0 26 00 FD FE FE E0 98 26 00 00 00 02 FD
Poll sub mode : FE FE 98 E0 26 01 FD
Any ideas? This is either direct on the com port which is USB, or via Omni-rig
Chuck K0XM

Chuck Kraly K0XM

Sorry Bob, New radio, and  I am moving the shack. So will play more this week in the evenings.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 5:06 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
[...]

UPDATE:
I loaded the 7610 RCP and was trying to set things up. I see that a click on a packet cluster spot sends the radio thee in frequency and mode, and then it immediately changes back to the mode it was in which I had set manually earlier.
Just as a side note, I am only experiencing this with Logger32 and I have other programs for testing but using L32 for all my logging as my main program.

Bob

A copy/paste from the radio debug window showing commands sent and replies received would be helpful ... I quote "... and then it immediately changes back to the mode it was in which I had set manually earlier" Is this the Icom equivalent of the middle finger? ... You sent me a command to change to this mode, but I'm smarter than you are, so I'm going back to the mode I was on before you started clicking your silly mouse ... I doubt it ... Show me the commands sent, and replies received please. SeventyThree(s).

On January 9, 2020 at 8:27 PM Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

UPDATE:
I loaded the 7610 RCP and was trying to set things up. I see that a click on a packet cluster spot sends the radio thee in frequency and mode, and then it immediately changes back to the mode it was in which I had set manually earlier.
Just as a side note, I am only experiencing this with Logger32 and I have other programs for testing but using L32 for all my logging as my main program.

Dave Colliau

Set up properly the 7610 should follow the band plan and switch to the proper mode when changing frequencys. I had mine set to also when clicking on a dx spot that was split to split and also make the B vfo the main vfo to find the hole in the pile up for txing. As of right now I havent found my cat setup commands but I havent given up yet. Since Icom pissed me off and I got away from my 7610 I havent taken very good care of my files. I am still looking.
Dave N8DC

On January 9, 2020 at 8:27 PM Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

UPDATE:
I loaded the 7610 RCP and was trying to set things up. I see that a click on a packet cluster spot sends the radio thee in frequency and mode, and then it immediately changes back to the mode it was in which I had set manually earlier.
Just as a side note, I am only experiencing this with Logger32 and I have other programs for testing but using L32 for all my logging as my main program.

Dave Colliau

Ok found my file and emailed it to you Chuck. As far as the RCP goes there are endless possibilities for macro commands . I remember I had a ton setup in Logger 32 for my 7610. If you look at the CI-V command manual and figure out how everything works the possibilities are endless. If I can be of any help just shoot me an email.
73
Dave N8DC

On January 9, 2020 at 8:27 PM Chuck Kraly K0XM <ckraly@...> wrote:

UPDATE:
I loaded the 7610 RCP and was trying to set things up. I see that a click on a packet cluster spot sends the radio thee in frequency and mode, and then it immediately changes back to the mode it was in which I had set manually earlier.
Just as a side note, I am only experiencing this with Logger32 and I have other programs for testing but using L32 for all my logging as my main program.

Chuck Kraly K0XM

AWESOME Dave, thanks for this. I am sure it is something simple I am missing. I will play with it when I am off work and if power stays in this weekend, I will finish. They are talking Ice Storm here starting today.  This and my CW Skimmer which will eventually be in Tanzania later is priority in my shack time.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 7:02 AM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:
[...]

No problem. I havent looked at this file in a while so if there are any errors let me know. I had fun creating that and the CI-V commands for the RCP when I had my 7610. I do still have a 7300 but my main rig is a FTDX5k. Were going to need a boat here for the weather coming and possibly ice also. Since the WX is going down the tubes I will be around all weekend if you need anything. I might accidentally get some work done in the shack :)
73
Dave N8DC