Topics

?how to open a closed socket?

David Perry <bumbledp@...>

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

Bob

Ah yes, the old Telnet socked closed message. To open the socket, On the Telnet Window click the TELNET tab. Now right click on the Telnet pane

Now click on CONNECT TO xxxxxx (your favorite cluster.  When connected, right click on the telnet pane one more time and check the bottom menu option. That'll connect you automagically next time you restart Logger32. SeventyThree(s).

On February 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM David Perry <bumbledp@...> wrote:

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

Bob

... or you could right click on the Telent pane of the lower status bar, then click on CONNEXT TO xxxxx. SeventyThree(s).

On February 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM David Perry <bumbledp@...> wrote:

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

David Perry <bumbledp@...>

Tried both those things...dont work.

I cant connect through N1MM other so  I wonder whether it's a laptop issue?

I Googled GB7AA, and it's listed as a 70cm repeater, not a DX Cluster. What's the address/URL, I'll try to connect from here. SeventyThree(s).

On February 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM David Perry <bumbledp@...> wrote:

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

John Munton - G7SSE

My guess would be this one: GB7BAA     gb7baa.com    7300     Worchester, UK

John - G7SSE

--
73, John - G7SSE

Bob

John, I tried that. No one at home. Weird, no response, no 'you can't get there from here' message. Nothing, it's like the request is simply ignored ... How rude, I voted for BREXIT, and now they simply ignore me and treat me with the contempt I deserve :)  SeventyThree(s).

On February 4, 2020 at 4:49 PM John Munton - G7SSE <johng7sse@...> wrote:

[...]

Hmmm, just tried and it's not working here either Bob, so it's not just you they're ignoring!

Maybe David ought to try another cluster, GB7MBC is ok:     gb7mbc.spoo.org    8000

73(s)

John - G7SSE

I Googled GB7AA, and it's listed as a 70cm repeater, not a DX Cluster. What's the address/URL, I'll try to connect from here. SeventyThree(s).
On February 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM David Perry < bumbledp@...> wrote:

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

--
73, John - G7SSE

--
73, John - G7SSE

David Perry <bumbledp@...>

Strewth

That works.
Hours and hour wasted and it was that.

THANK YOU THANK.YOU THANK YOU

David Perry <bumbledp@...>

What stillpuzzles me is that though the gb7baa telnet has failed the dxheat cluster it drives still works.

Thanks again

David G4YVM

Tim Richardson

Have you tried a socket wrench?

Tim WS4V

On February 4, 2020 at 10:06 AM David Perry <bumbledp@...> wrote:

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

Jim Cox

Try another DX Cluster...

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?
David g4yvm

Gary Hinson

Now you’re torqueing.

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

Bob

Torqueing or talking? Socket wrench or socket spanner? Now the reflector is FINALLY (after all these years) getting real. It's all your fault David. SeventyThree(s).

On February 4, 2020 at 9:48 PM Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

Now you’re torqueing.

Last week I had telnet / GB7AA dx cluster working fine. Turn machine off. leave for weekend. Turn machine on, not working fine.

The problem seems to be that the telnet socket is closed. I have gone into computer control panel / progs and features / telnet server and telnet client. I have turned them both on and rebooted.

Still at the bottom of Logger32 the system says "telnet socket closed".

What else can I do?

David g4yvm

David Perry <bumbledp@...>

Are there other good uk clusters in could also use?

My favorite is GB7UJS, but they're all the same no matter where they are. UK, EU, or anywhere. There's hundreds of them, not exactly sure why, and they're all connected together so they all disseminate the same crap and self-aggrandizement. SeventyThree(s).