Topics

Help me please

Jose H. Cornieles

Can anybody help me

How can I put in the State column (they are empty at this time) the State that corresponds (automatically) to the US station that works in my Logger

73

Jose,  YV5COR
Twitter:@YV5COR

APRS : YV5COR-9
QRZ : http://www.qrz.com/db/yv5cor
Locator: FK60mk
ITU Zone : 12
CQ Zone : 9
Caracas - Venezuela South América.

Miembro Activo desde 2003 al
RADIO CLUB VENEZOLANO
1934-2019 85 años de Fundado.
1936-2019 83 años como miembro de la IARU.
ALMA MATER DE LA RADIO AFICIÓN VENEZOLANA

Gary Hinson

Hello Jose.

You can add the state while you are logging a QSO using the HamQTH or QRZ.com lookups.  It is one of the items that can be transferred across automatically – although it is not always correct, so it helps to display the state field in the log entry panel, giving you the chance to correct it easily before you log the QSO, something like this:

All I typed was W3IH <tab>: the rest of the information came either from my last logged QSO with W3IH (using the QSO mask function ), or from W3IH’s Ham QTH page, or from the DXCC prefix lookup.

It is also possible to add states and counties to logged QSOs during the LoTW download and synchronization process, provided of course the stations have uploaded the QSOs to LoTW with valid digital certificates defining their states and counties.

I think it is possible to add states to other QSOs already in your log but I don’t do that, and don’t know how.  Maybe someone else can help?

73,

Gary  ZL2iFB

Logo

Gary Hinson

Gary@...

IsecT Limited

New Zealand

Information security

ISO/IEC 27001 standards

Security metrics

Security policies

How can I put in the State column (they are empty at this time) the State that corresponds (automatically) to the US station that works in my Logger

73

Jose,  YV5COR

Twitter:@YV5COR

APRS : YV5COR-9

QRZ : http://www.qrz.com/db/yv5cor
Locator:
FK60mk
ITU Zone : 12
CQ Zone : 9
Caracas - Venezuela South América.

Miembro Activo desde 2003 al
RADIO CLUB VENEZOLANO

1934-2019 85 años de Fundado.
1936-2019 83 años como miembro de la IARU.
ALMA MATER DE LA RADIO AFICIÓN VENEZOLANA

Jim Altman

I don’t know about HamQTH, but using QRZ via N2AMG’s L32Lookup, if you click on a log entry it will look him up in QRZ and the L32Lookup window has an Update QSO button to add the missing fields.   It will add the state, grid etc.

73 de w4uck

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

How can I put in the State column (they are empty at this time) the State that corresponds (automatically) to the US station that works in my Logger

73

Jose,  YV5COR

Twitter:@YV5COR

APRS : YV5COR-9

QRZ : http://www.qrz.com/db/yv5cor
Locator:
FK60mk
ITU Zone : 12
CQ Zone : 9
Caracas - Venezuela South América.

Miembro Activo desde 2003 al
RADIO CLUB VENEZOLANO

1934-2019 85 años de Fundado.
1936-2019 83 años como miembro de la IARU.
ALMA MATER DE LA RADIO AFICIÓN VENEZOLANA

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Also when downloading from LoTW it will be populated.

However if you want to add it to an entry already in the logbook manually you have to:

Right click on the entry in the logbook;

Click on Edit Admin Subdivision Info

Select the state from the list (and the county if known)

73 Villi
TF3VS