Topics

HAM & SWL

Giuseppe Giunta

Ciao everybody,

I decided to resume my SWL activity as IT9-60339, started in far 1974, and to add it to the poor OM activity that I'm actually able to do ... I obviously need a suitable software. To do this, after reading the help of Logger32, I created on the desktop a second .INI shortcut to Logger32.exe, naming it "C:\Logger32\Logger32.exe SWL". Opening Logger32 by this link, I created a new database, named "IT960339".

Actually the database is empty, because I have not imported my +/- 300 HRDs yet, from another software/paper. However, my Logger32 configured years ago with the IT9VDQ callsign, would need some modifications to make it suitable for a SWL, namely: one field for "Station listened" and another for "Report listened". My idea is to use "User_1" and "User_2" to add these two additional new fields, which are needed to register a valid HRD (say Call-HRD Call-in-Qso RST-1 RST-2). My (probably stupid) question is: if I play the double activity as IT9VDQ and IT960339 as SWL, jumping from one log to the another, will the different structural settings of the maps of each individual log be kept?

Trying to better explain: when I go from IT9VDQ (Date Call RSTs RSTr etc) to IT960339 (Date Call-HRD Call-in-Qso RST-1 RST-2 etc), will each of the two different structures be maintained?

Grazie, 73 de Giu, IT9VDQ

Bob

The IT9VDQ logbook, and any other logbook you create using the Logger32.INI will have the structure your have configured in the Logger32.INI.  The same applies to your IT969339 logbook, it's structure will be from the SWL.INI. SeventyThree(s).

On January 19, 2020 at 1:57 PM Giuseppe Giunta <it9vdq@...> wrote:

[...]

n5kd

You can have multiple .ini files for different page layouts.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

Sent from my mobile

On Jan 19, 2020, at 13:21, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Ciao a tutti,

grazie Bob & Pete!

And many thanks to the whole group of developers for this piece of "jewel software"! :-)

Giu, IT9VDQ